View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
First topic message reminder :

I just got this message from Airtel Ghana

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Let's have some internet fun TONIGHT! Buy a GHC1 data bundle or more and browse all night for free on the smartphone network. Dial *125#"

Guys try it and give feedback. Note this is only valid from 00.00 to 06.00 hrs

Last edited by WhIPL4$h on Fri May 01, 2015 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

chinesta10

Manager
Manager
I think what all of you guys are saying are exactly right.... It seems the meaning of the term "Unlimited" to the ISPs is not the same to the ordinary customer... To the ISPs, its strictly governed by this 'Terms and Condition Apply' stuff which they are really serious about... I remember i subscribed to this MTN Night 'So called' Unlimited browsing which needs 3 cedis to be eligible to browse which unlike that of the Airtel, you wont get to use any bundle data before you browse at night from 12 to 6am....

I realized that as i started to download the speed was so fast and i was able to download so many stuffs but didn't check how much data i exhausted though... All of a sudden the speed got throttled by some means to a slower one compared to when i started.... I fell asleep as i was downloading a file around 5:38 and when i woke up to check if it had finished downloading, i found out that all the credit that was left has been used as at 6:02.... So they really mean this Terms and Conditions Apply stuff....

The only Unlimited browsing you can get in this modern Ghana here is FREE BROWSING... Unless it is free browsing, forget about unlimited because this ISPs always have a counter offer ..ie. TREMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY... I don't think anyone here loves to sacrifice his sleeping hours to browse the net just because it somehow Unlimited.. Its like the ISPs only want us to browse the net on their own terms.. Thats why hackers too have their counter terms to hack the loop holes in their network to cook FBTs..

Proxymity

Proxymity
Forum Hacker
Forum Hacker
If an internet provider (a standalone/data only provider) was available across all of Ghana and had unlimited and affordable data plans, I bet you things would have been totally different.

Promotions like "Subscribe to 'Airtel Feely Saa' package and get free call to Airtel, quarter price to other networks and free internet for 30 days for only 15GHC" would have been the cry of every network.

Haha... It seems we might be getting off topic. Hey Admin, Why not create a thread solely for venting our frustrations and anger??? Hahaha.

nyaw2015

Active Newbie
As someone said earlier, you compile your downloads and download them in one night. What I don't like about these night subscriptions is that MTN disconnects the data intermittently and Airtel too reduces their speed drastically and yet such issues aren't included in their T&C.
We can report such issues to NCA

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Pile your downloads and download them seems ok using this package. however its not unlimited like it claims to be, now we have talked much about the T&C of this particular package is 10Gig for 5Ghc and you browse between the hours of 12am to 6am, the speed have also been reduce to a level that you cant even use the 10gig within that time given.

Lets take a heavy data user like me, If you have check very well in the entertainment session which is seeded on hackGh server as well, it well over 9.2 terabytes of data been seeded at 2mb to facilitate fast downloads for Members and guest, You can only imaging if you intend to doing business like hosting files and seeding torrents for a living in Ghana. you will be doomed to fail. Can you now see where am going with this

We have seen unlimited in the past with tigo, even at the time the speed was slow, it allowed you use torrent and idm , streams and downloads as well, at the time it was very likely to see many tigo recharge cards on the ground in many neighborhoods. since that was canceled, we have never seen it kind before, it removes time restriction and does not confine you to wake up at a certain times to download. even the time, not all Ghanians were able to afford it.

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
Well I called the customer care yesterday to find out about the status of the browsing package. I was told it had been put on hold. But I don't believe that because I still get the FREE NITE FROM 5GHC info when buying data. Is there anyone who has used it in the last two or so days to confirm for me?

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
I think airtel should just take down this offer and save them the humiliations and shame that comes along with improper planing... They should just take it off...organized it well n bring it back when fully done... that will do them some good....
cos dis offer is really giving dem a bad image...

nyaw2015

Active Newbie
I think Airtel has cancelled the GHc5 package because I tried yesterday but it didn't work. The alternative is to use Fixed Broadband or mobile wireless phone from companies like Zipnet but it's quite expensive

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum