View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
First topic message reminder :

I just got this message from Airtel Ghana

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Let's have some internet fun TONIGHT! Buy a GHC1 data bundle or more and browse all night for free on the smartphone network. Dial *125#"

Guys try it and give feedback. Note this is only valid from 00.00 to 06.00 hrs

Last edited by WhIPL4$h on Fri May 01, 2015 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

chinesta10

Manager
Manager
For me, am not surprised that they have suspended this promo abruptly judging from the fact that is very cheap and affordable.... I was even wondering how long they were willing to go with this promo... When i first saw it, it sounded like it was too good to be true since they already had another promo, sika Kokoo, going on which with just 1 cedi, you could get 750 mb of data when in actual fact 750 mb costs around 15 cedis....

Maybe, they thought people will reluctantly browse the net between the hours of 12 - 6 am.. BUt they were wrong Twisted Evil ... I guess after a few trial weeks, they've realized that they were loosing and could close down... They forgot that here in Ghana we hardly get access to browsing the internet at that cheap rate and thought they could get the better of us... But finally they've realized it and they have to restrategize... Hope they don't do same to the sika kokoo.....

MherlynEmhr3z

MherlynEmhr3z
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
I think airtel didn't really prepare well before offering this promo. But it would be best if they sit and prepare well and maybe bring back another good promo..

nyaw2015

Active Newbie
Hahaha! People are internet hungry and data hunting. Airtel should be careful lest they get eaten by the hunters

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
Hahaha....who in Ghana wouldn't take advantage of such an opportunity. Data is still VERY expensive so this one came as a big relief for many people. But it looks like Airtel came with a knife to a gun fight. And they left like a dog with their tail between the legs Smile We're patiently waiting for them.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
make fun of somone make fun of somone make fun of somone make fun of somone make fun of somone make fun of somone make fun of somone

They assume the hunters will go to sleep and forget bout the unlimited browsing during that midnight to dawn period , but they soon got to find out that the hunters did not care about the 60mb data they subscribe to during the the day and the only time we were using was during the midnight to dawn. Ghanians are hungry for unlimited data. They lost a gun fight to the hunters, but the hunters will still be wild awake to pounce again... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
Hahaha....But I have news. Airtel have just revised the amount to 5 Cedis. Simply dial *125# to see. I wonder how many people will still be willing to pay 5 cedis for night browsing. This is now "Survival of the fittest". Eliminate any financially weak elements from the equation. Let few people enjoy Very Happy

misterio

misterio
Forum Hacker
Forum Hacker

yes oo just saw on their facebook page. And according to them it's only for this nyte, 22-5-2015. I am really shock why such a leap jump from 1 to 5 that's very disappointing, it's too much for an average ghnaaina. shame u, airtel.

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
eiii asem ooo not even ¢2 self..den we go consider...5 cedis paaa lol... im sticking to the 750mb...

boadee

this even makes mtn unlimited night browsing less expensive.cos with gh3 u can browse from 12-5am on mtn.

nyaw2015

Active Newbie
I would rather use the MTN GHc3 unlimited night browsing. Airtel is not serious at all.

evans williams

Active Newbie
what if i buy my 1ghc during the day time? i learnt you just need to buy only 1ghc per day

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
@evans, if you subscribe the 1ghc you only get 30mb and nothing else. You will need to buy the 5ghc before you can enjoy free browsing during that night you subscribed. here is the new message you get when you dial *125#.

Send:*125#
Receive:
Free Nite - 12am to 6am from GHC 5

Select Option:
1. Check balance
2. 30MB @ 1GHC 5 days
3. 10MB @ 50p 1 day
4. 200MB @ 5GH 20days
5. Other Bundles

Send: 4
Receive:
Your balance will be sent to you via sms.

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
Looks like there's another twist to this. Airtel intentionally added that this was only valid on some particular days only and not all days. I think that in order to enjoy this offer you have to receive the feedback of "FREE NITE - 12-6AM FROM 5GHC" before proceeding.

Can anyone confirm this??

evans williams

Active Newbie
actually,i commented on airtels page on facebook and the man said;you need just 1ghc to be able to browse free during the night.

evans williams

Active Newbie
please,after the 5ghc,that is all right?

MherlynEmhr3z

MherlynEmhr3z
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
It seems airtel is just playing around with us. I called customer care and was told you can subscribe to a 1 cedi bundle and browse at dawn but the same airtel company tells us to buy the 5 cedis bundle. hmmm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum