View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
First topic message reminder :

I just got this message from Airtel Ghana

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Let's have some internet fun TONIGHT! Buy a GHC1 data bundle or more and browse all night for free on the smartphone network. Dial *125#"

Guys try it and give feedback. Note this is only valid from 00.00 to 06.00 hrs

Last edited by WhIPL4$h on Fri May 01, 2015 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dagobert

Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Ok let me explain my theory.
I bundled the day before yesterday but could not access the free Internet service. I use two airtel Sims, so I used my second sim to bundle the next day which was last night but could not access the service again. During the process, I had the idea of trying out the first sim card out and guess what, it was BLAZING  although I didn't bundle with it. So I assume it was as a result of the bundle I made with it a day earlier.

Basically speaking there are inconsistencies with this offer as we saw when the sika kokoo was introduced. To those of you who bundled but couldn't access the free browsing, I suggest you try it out tonight without bundling. I will be trying out my second sim tonight to further ascertain how this offer works.

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
Very well.. We'll be waiting for that. Anyone with any different theory?

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Well there really are inconsistencies with this offer
After browsing for about 20 minutes with my second sim, it switched to no network access. I couldn't get access again
Anyone also tried it out?

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
I tried you theory from yesterday but to no avail. I used the same sim card but did not do a new subscription. It simply did not work.

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
well If airtel wont make this offer available and consistent why do they even boarder making news about it.. dis will only get them haters as u can see on their social media already.. it is a great initiative for that i can say... but the way n manner they r going abot it is making it somtin else... Im sticking to sika koo lol.... lol atleast my data is safe there

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
Just got this message from Airtel after logding a complaint.

"Dear Customer, last night (May 9), you may have been unable to browse for free. Tonight (May 10), you can browse for free without buying a bundle. Thank You."

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
I think Airtel is the best network today when it comes to data prices , with free Facebook, sika kookoo promo and this very promo have set the pace of data prices in Ghana. i personally would recommended them for this initiative, we also know they have improve internet speed and also doing some major upgrades of their system.

WhIPL4$h wrote:
"Dear Customer, last night (May 9), you may have been unable to browse for free. Tonight (May 10), you can browse for free without buying a bundle. Thank You."

Judging according to  WhIPL4$h submission, i also think their fast and efficient handling of problems have also improves.  I think Ghanian will give them the benefit of doubt considering how responsible and immediate Airtel are looking to solve this issues and also keeping their customers informed They are certainly the network to watch in 2015, KUDOS AIRTEL. bravo.

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
Yeah ....and I was able to browse without having my data deducted. Has anyone else tried since?

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
i have not used it for a while because it was sometimes too disappointing. But i will try it out once again tonight. I just want to understand how it works, then stops, then works again after some time.

boadee

I called their customer care and they told me the have suspended it for now.

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Yeah, I spoke with an agent and it was confirmed to me that it has been suspended till further notice. that's very poor from airtel, starting a promo without adequate preparation.

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
It's very unfortunate this has happened. So why don't they come out as they did with the introduction of the promo. Why are they doing that in secret Evil or Very Mad Not all people are aware of the suspension.

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
i guess they are trying to save a face of shame..that is y they are not making people aware of it... bcos jux imagine how they where blasted when the whole setup was not behavin as it should... i mean u can judge from their social page....

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
its criminal on their part to not inform us of this decision. Sometimes i fail to understand these Networks. What shows that this is not a deliberate attempt to steal peoples airtime. I bundled yesterday without knowing that it is no more working, and the only response i could get after calling them was that they "are sorry " for not communicating to us. Up to now that mistake has not been corrected and i know more people will fall in my shoes today. This is uncalled for .

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
This comes at a time when we were showering praises on them for taking that bold decision. Another side is that a lot of people spend the night sleeping and not browsing. So they get less revenue during the night time. Hence charging 1 cedi for unlimited browsing for the whole night would not be bad at all for them.

Then comes bandwidth and the issues of congestion. A lot more people than normal would be using the available bandwith at the time. This is simply because of the price factor: 1 cedi only for the whole night. They have to implement proper load balancing and bandwith management schemes in order to avoid "collapsing" the network.

I think that's what they left out. So the service was was only available for some people. They would have to go back to the drawing board and figure things out properly.

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
For me, am not surprised that they have suspended this promo abruptly judging from the fact that is very cheap and affordable.... I was even wondering how long they were willing to go with this promo... When i first saw it, it sounded like it was too good to be true since they already had another promo, sika Kokoo, going on which with just 1 cedi, you could get 750 mb of data when in actual fact 750 mb costs around 15 cedis....

Maybe, they thought people will reluctantly browse the net between the hours of 12 - 6 am.. BUt they were wrong Twisted Evil ... I guess after a few trial weeks, they've realized that they were loosing and could close down... They forgot that here in Ghana we hardly get access to browsing the internet at that cheap rate and thought they could get the better of us... But finally they've realized it and they have to restrategize... Hope they don't do same to the sika kokoo.....

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum