Staff Online
Members2390
Most Online179
Newest Member
https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

logic puzzle - PHILOSOPHER'S CLOCK

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1logic puzzle - PHILOSOPHER'S CLOCK Empty logic puzzle - PHILOSOPHER'S CLOCK Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:59 am

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
One absentminded ancient philosopher forgot to wind up his only clock in the house. He had no radio, TV, telephone, internet, or any other means for telling time. So he traveled on foot to his friend's place few miles down the straight desert road. He stayed at his friend's house for the night and when he came back home, he knew how to set his clock.
How did he know?

2logic puzzle - PHILOSOPHER'S CLOCK Empty Re: logic puzzle - PHILOSOPHER'S CLOCK Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:23 am

felixbmens

felixbmens
Contributor
he knew how far it was to his friends house so he came back to his house to set his clock using the correct time he saw at his friend's place plus the time it took for him to get home

3logic puzzle - PHILOSOPHER'S CLOCK Empty Re: logic puzzle - PHILOSOPHER'S CLOCK Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:37 am

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Well he traveled on foot to his friend's place, but never mentioned if he was wearing, holding or carrying anything. I think he took the clock to his friend house and set it there. Thats what i would have than

4logic puzzle - PHILOSOPHER'S CLOCK Empty Re: logic puzzle - PHILOSOPHER'S CLOCK Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:47 am

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
felixbmens wrote:he knew how far it was to his friends house so he came back to his house to set his clock using the correct time he saw at his friend's place plus the time it took for him to get home

You are almost there man....Never give up... Keep trying...HACKGH FOR LIFE........

5logic puzzle - PHILOSOPHER'S CLOCK Empty Re: logic puzzle - PHILOSOPHER'S CLOCK Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:33 am

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
phAnt0m DrAcON wrote:Well he traveled on foot to his friend's place, but never mentioned if he was wearing, holding or carrying anything. I think he took the clock to his friend house and set it there. Thats what i would have than

Yeah man...It wasnt stated in the puzzle whether he was holding, wearing or carrying anything along to his friend's place..

So i guess on any other day, you would be right to say he took the clock to his friend's place and set the time after which he returned home...And i also think the puzzle would have been easier if any clue like that had been stated..

So am sorry thats not the answer am serching for..So please try again... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

HACKGH FOR LIFE.......

6logic puzzle - PHILOSOPHER'S CLOCK Empty Re: logic puzzle - PHILOSOPHER'S CLOCK Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:11 pm

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
The philosopher wound his clock, and set it at 12:00 He walked to his friends house and noted the time he arrived, and compared it to the time he had set, thus determining the time differential between the two clocks. On his return trip he noted the time he left, and when he returned home he adjust his clock for the walking time difference.

7logic puzzle - PHILOSOPHER'S CLOCK Empty Re: logic puzzle - PHILOSOPHER'S CLOCK Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:31 am

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Well, your argument is quite convincing but doesn't match my assumption... Please kindly try again.....

8logic puzzle - PHILOSOPHER'S CLOCK Empty Re: logic puzzle - PHILOSOPHER'S CLOCK Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:29 pm

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Clocks can measure time even when they do not show the right time. You just have to wind the clock up and...
We have to suppose that the journey to the friend and back lasts exactly the same time and the friend has a clock (showing the correct time) - it would be too easy if mentioned in the riddle.
Now there is no problem to figure out the solution, is there?

9logic puzzle - PHILOSOPHER'S CLOCK Empty Re: logic puzzle - PHILOSOPHER'S CLOCK Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:36 pm

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Finally, the search for the answer is over and we have a winner.... That's is exactly the answer i want... Great work done...

10logic puzzle - PHILOSOPHER'S CLOCK Empty Re: logic puzzle - PHILOSOPHER'S CLOCK Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:50 pm

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
lol! lol! make fun of somone

At long last, the battle has ended.................

flower

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum