Newest Member
https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fire in the power room at Surfline data center

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

technology

technology
Contributor
There was a fire in the power room at our data center. Nobody was injured, but we do not know the extent of the damage at this time. Please bear with us as we assess the impact of this unfortunate incident and work to get the network back up to speed. We will continue to provide updates as we receive them. We appreciate your patience at this time.
Update 7:15pm: The fire was caused by a major power outage.
Update 02/02/15 2:00pm: As of late this morning fire crews were still inside the building and our team had not been given access to the building. This afternoon cleaning crews were allowed inside in order to access the other equipment and begin testing.

We wish to inform all Surfline customers that we are still working around the clock to restore service as soon as possible. We recommend you connect directly with our Call Centre on 0302 745777 to get updates on the situation. Due to the high volume of incoming calls though, you may experience some delay. Once again, we truly apologize for the inconvenience caused by our network outage.

raspat

raspat
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
I received the text this morning from surfline apologizing. This is Ghana for you anything that brings progress is sabotaged i will blame ECG for their poor services. recently the same thing happened to me, my led, charges, laptop connected to the power socket was blown, if nobody had been home by then maybe the whole house would have caught in fire.
Wish them speedy recovery and we need them.

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
This is rather unfortunate. However, Surfline should in the future take measures to ensure their installations are protected from all such occurrences.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum