https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Discussion]Funny Computer Hustles You've Had In The Past

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

saeedpqr

saeedpqr
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
I remember in 2005 when I first got a computer.A 700Mhz Pentium III computer with 256MB RAM and 20GB of Hard Disk space.
I remember there was Mavis Beacon,Encarta,Macmillan Dictionary and Microsoft Office on it.During that time there was no computer in Ghana that you could not find these softwares on.
I remember when someone first installed Dangerous Dave,Sonic The Hedgehog,Mortal Kombat 3,VCop and Super Mario on my PC.I stayed up the whole night playing.I mean 24/7.I didn't even want to go to school.Hahaha.

I remember the numerous struggles I went through.One day the computer was infected by a virus.We had to carry it to town on our shoulders to a computer store.The thing was also heavy.We didn't know anything at that time so we carried the monitor,keyboard,speaker,mouse and everything to that hardware store.We thought the computer can only work with DELL products.

So the guy formatted the system and started installing a fresh Windows XP.Here is the funny part.After the installation finished the guy told us that it was our DVD ROM writer which was making the computer slow.That time a writable DVD ROM was very valuable.Se he took it and inserted a cheap one CD ROM(which could not even read DVD disks) inside it.It was not until 2008 that we realised we were duped.Hahaha

POST ANY FUNNY EXPERIENCES YOU'VE HAD AND LET'S ALL LAUGH

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
I use to see my Dad everyday working on a dell laptop every morning before he goes to work. i cant really pin point the specs of the laptop at the time.. but i do remember it was very bulky and heavy too. My dad gave me the dell laptop plus a bunch of floppy disks when he purchased a new one, i remember going to my friends house to copy games live Dave, Prince of Persia and ofcus Super Mario.

The funny aspect is, i took the laptop to school just to show off to my friends in class. My class teacher then called My Atta took the laptop from me, and to be frank i was scared he was going to call my Dad because my Dad did warn me not to take it anywhere.

To my surprise, Mr. Atta called me and asked me to teach him how to play the games on the laptop , which i did and he spent the whole day clicking it in class. He barely took his eyes of the laptop and did not go to the teachers staff room that day. he gave it to me at closing time and warned me not to bring it again to school, he also admitted it was a nice experience since that was the first time he had ever used a computer.. Mr Atta and i became good friends afterwards.

samkiss

Active Newbie
I also remember in 2005, when i first bought a laptop, i installed several softwares on it, and the laptop just start running slowly so i decided to format it myself, i taught formatting was that easy, because i see people format computers, i lended Windows XP CD from a friend, and started and if i reach, press any key to continue, i press, after loading windows drivers and restarted, it ask again press any key to continue, instead of me leaving it to continue, i press again, and keep pressing and pressing and pressing, and it keep loading drivers, till day break, and i taught i have damage the laptop, till a friend of mine told me i have to press once and the when it ask again, i just have to leave it to continue itself, it was funny i couldn't format a PC at that time......

saeedpqr

saeedpqr
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
@samkiss Funny story there.That also happened to me with my first time installing XP.I installed it three times before realising i didn't have to press any key for the next step.

Here's another story.I remember my friend and I went to play Mortal Kombat 4 on his father's computer in his office.We played 2 players.Player 1 uses the Alphabet keys and player 2 uses the Number Pad keys.I used the Number Pad.At that time none of us knew how to play the game.So we were just pressing random keys.And we would be happy when the fighter did a special move.My friend was doing more moves than me so I wanted to do some.I pressed about ten keys together and the numberpad controls stopped working.We did everything we could but the controls were still not working.We opened notepad to type but still the numbers were not working.We were very afraid because we thought we had spoiled his fathers keyboard.
Later,his father came with some documents to type.Our hearts were pumping and we were sweating.Come and see pressure Laughing .
We thought he would find out and beat us.The man just started typing as if nothing was wrong.When he finished we resumed the game and the keys were working again.We then saw that you needed to press the NUMBER LOCK KEY to toggle the number keys on or off.
[Discussion]Funny Computer Hustles You've Had In The Past Banane21
We laughed saaaa

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Interesting story @saeedpqr, This is not actually my story but its worth telling. This friend of my went to his fathers office at Obuasi Aglo Gold and the father left him in the office alone for a while. he went to his fathers computer and there was this screen saver, so he decided to press any key to resume Windows, As soon as he pressed the keyboard, the printer in the room stated printing hundreds of documents. This guy was scared to the core and immediately stated to apologies to the father upon his return. The father stated laughing out loud.

The thing is...... the father had gone out to issue a print command from another networked computer in the office building to the printer in his office. Today.... you can even issue print command from your phone to your printer.

Times have Change paa ooo......

kbasante

kbasante
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
i remember just last week my boss bought a laptop cheap for 80 cedis he bought it from someone that had just arrived from the U.S, he tried and tried to boot it but it wouldn't boot only the bios would show up on screen every time he switched it on. So he brought the laptop to me to help him out so i took the laptop from him and tried to boot it and i also encountered the same problem.......it was then that i remembered that this sometimes happens when the harddrive is not installed in the pc so i opened it up and lo and behold the hardrive was missing.

saeedpqr

saeedpqr
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
haha.laptop for 80cedis.No wonder the hard disk was missing:D

Edemckross

Edemckross
Active Newbie
How is that simple to do?

Edemckross

Edemckross
Active Newbie