You are not connected. Please login or register

Mourinho: Every team wants to be like Chelsea

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Felizo

Felizo
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Mourinho: Every team wants to be like Chelsea 1307602_heroa

A second-half comeback saw the Blues beat Leicester City and the Portuguese was full of praise for his team, who are one victory away from championship glory
Jose Mourinho believes every team wants to be like Chelsea after they moved to within three points of the Premier League title.

Second-half goals from Didier Drogba, John Terry and Ramires saw the Blues come from behind to beat relegation-threatened Leicester City on Wednesday night.

A win against Crystal Palace at Stamford Bridge on Sunday will seal a first league title since 2010 and Mourinho once again brushed off the recent accusations that his team are boring.

"I think it’s phenomenal what [the players] are doing, top of the league since day one, it’s not easy," he told Sky Sports.

"To play against a team that is having a fantastic run, winning 12 points out of 12, playing at home, [with] big enthusiasm, self-confidence, to be losing at half-time, come in the second half and to do it the way my boys did it, I think it’s fantastic.

"I know what I feel in relation to the work in the last two years, and with the work these boys are doing since pre-season day one, so I don’t need other people to recognise what we are.

"I know exactly what we are and I think, in a very pragmatic way, we are what every team would like to be."

Chelsea have led the Premier League standings since the end of August and Mourinho called on the home supporters to push his team over the line as they look to clinch the league crown on Sunday.

He added: "I think it was a very good performance, a very good victory, and now I think Stamford Bridge instead of celebrating, Stamford Bridge has to be ready to push the team next Sunday.

"We need to win and we need Stamford Bridge not to be celebrating the title, because we do not have the title, we need Stamford Bridge to push us strong to the three points we still need."

By Alex Young

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Well said Honorable Mourinho..... I thinks it's clear that every team wants to be Chelsea at this point.... Topping a league like the Barcleys Premier League with so many top teams like Man City, Liverpool, Man United Arsenals and the others from day one is not so easy to do since most at times the title race ends between two teams and normally goes to the last game....

I think this season Chelsea have played so well... Not only have they been so solid at home but also they have gained so much point away from home....This season, Chelsea are the team with most away point gained and that's fantastic.... I think day in day out the players are working so hard to be better every season and that can be said of the PFA Player of the Year Eden Hazard....

His contribution to the team is so immense and sometimes unmatched by any other... Ever since he joined Chelsea , the team has found a way to improve with his quality and great abilities... I think it's just the beginning for him... All the other teams should watch out for next season because we are going to see a certain Eden Hazard who is hell burnt on winning the Ballon D'or .....

Its a step at a time and i wouldn't rush into that now since there is still Messi and Ronaldo... Its been ridiculed by some fans that no a Chelsea player will ever win that prestigious award but i believe Eden hazard will make us proud... Just Keep Calm and Eden hazard will be world BEST.....Blues for life...HACKGH IS AWESOME...

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Chelsea is the only team in the world that can make fans of other teams take history lessons Laughing . This team has been miles ahead of the pack since day one and i believe that with some significant reinforcement will dominate England for the next two or three years. The young guys are gelling together by the minute and the development of players such as Azpilicueta is impressive.

Hazard is world class, but would need to be a little more clinical to add more gloss to his box of tricks. Next season is a very good time for him to have a shot at the balorn dor and i would like him to grab it by increasing his hunger for goals.

That not withstanding chelsea needs reinforcement in the striking position judging by the performance of Drogba in the last four matches. What i see is that he has the heart and mind to play for chelsea but his best is simply not enough at the moment. Chelsea has done well by winning these last four or five games without their first and second choice strikers and that is one trait of champions, but my worry is whether they can repeat it if they fail to reinforce.

Simply put, Chelsea has been the team to beat all season, but i want Jose to use this opportunity to stamp his authority on next seasons league with this one seemingly already wrapped up. The competition is gonna be very keen next season. #HGH4LIFE

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Wow, we seems to have a common team, judging from they wayyou guys are talking so passionate about our team, its just ridiculous to hear some naive comment about the way Chelsea play their football, they are just looking for excuses as to why they did not finish on top like Chelsea have. We all know the so called Gunners that claims to play the best football in England, how many trophy's have they won in the premier league era, just 1 league cup. Wenger should be up and doing and may be attend the school of "Jose Mourinho" to lean new tactics of playing the modern Game.

However, am very confident we will win the league this Sunday against Crystal Palace.

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
The league is definitely wrapped up. What am looking at is life after the league and we can ensure that this seasons dominance is continued. As the boring boring Chelsea rant, i leave you with a response from the master of the dugout.

“I think is boring 10 years without a title,” Mourinho barbed, via the BBC. “That’s boring. If you support a club and you wait, wait, wait for so many years without a Premier League title, then that’s boring.” Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum