You are not connected. Please login or register

PICTURE OF THE DAY :Kwame Dzokoto banned from liquor commercials

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

IMOGENE333

Forum Helper
PICTURE OF THE DAY :Kwame Dzokoto banned from liquor commercials 621.608p-p-

IMOGENE333

Forum Helper
this is really stupid, not all Dzokoto's fans are kids he has adult fans who like and can drink alcohol. Besides if you're a fan of someone it doesn't mean you take everything he says hook,line and sinker. Ok, what about Koo Fori? he has kid fans too doesn't he? yet on his show afie wura, he's drunk all the time and he is in the advert for Joy Daddy bitters. why not ban him too?. Might as well ban every TV personality from doing any advert that can be seen as inappropriate for kids.

This is the kind of nonsense our people in authority do instead of tackling the real  problem, they single out innocent people and use them as scapegoats thinking the problem is solved. when I was a lot younger most of my friends were taking alcohol. Dzokoto or any other Tv personality who does adverts for alcohol companies are not to blame for kids becoming alcoholics its the child's parents and the type of the environment that influence him or her. If a kid has good upbringing and doesn't live in bad environment, there's no way he can be influence to do alcohol.

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
i strongly disagree with your comment. The man himself knows how large his kid fan base is, and also knows the influence he gives those kids thats why he decided not to take the case any further. Maximum respect to him and the FADB. Lets not sacrifice morality for money. In our time, there is no way one can regulate what his kids watch on tv where over 60% of the ads are about alcohol. Seeing role models such as kwame in such ads is highly dangerouse. There was an instance last year where a 7years old kid took a bite on another kid simply because he wanted to be like his hero Suarez. This shows how the mindset of the kids are like. You mentioned other stars who should also be banned if the FADB is credible enough. What i would say is that for everything there is a begining and am tempted to believe that other measures will be put in place to handle these stars. This is one of the few initiatives that i think are in the right direction and i dont see why we should speak against it.

IMOGENE333

Forum Helper
@Dagobert you're not getting me, you have to look at the issue holistically. why does Dzokoto or any Tv personality for that matter have to suffer or be deprived of their income for something they didn't cause? Do you know how much kasapreko would pay him for an advert? He cannot  be blamed for underaged drinking if he does the advert, kids will drink regardless.
There was once a kid who jumped off a storey building cos he he loved captain planet and thought he could fly like him...what would you suggest in this case too? that captain planet be banned from flying? Underage drinking cannot be eliminated by banning people from doing adverts. The problem is the easy access to alcohol the kids have so if they really cared enough, they would ban alcohol instead. Dzokoto choose not to sue cos it would make him look bad.  
This reminds me of an episode of Boston Legal in which a teacher was sued by the parents of one of her pupils for being negligent. You see the child was allergic to peanuts and the teacher knew that so she banned peanuts from the classroom but someone snuck some in during break time and the kid eat one and died of Anaphylaxis. The teacher had turn her back for a few minutes when this happened. The parents argued that the teacher t should be held responsible cos she should have been watching the kids every second. They lost the case eventually  when it was found out that they could  have saved their child if they had put certain important medical measures in place.

In the same vain, Dzokoto can't be blamed for the negligence of parents. Parents need to monitor what their children are watching on Tv, if they don't and the kids turn out wrong, they can't blam Dzokoto

Last edited by IMOGENE333 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
This is true tarnishing of the image of that man, How many times did we see Micheal powers in Guinness advertizement?, haven't we seen other stars doing that as well for foreign alcoholic companies, Why have they single out just Kwame Dzokoto?

@IMOGENE333,I totally agree with you....... why not ban the alcoholic advertizement itself instead of trying to suppress one man who doesn't make the alcohol, There are thousand more who can fill that shoes. The food and drug board must be stupid to think that this is a great move, Why do you keep certifying every alcoholic drinks and later pretending to be protecting children by going after personalities who have nothing to do with the production of the actual alcoholic drink.

The TV have also contribute to this by advertizing on alcohol anytime they like, come to think of it, i remember  adverts of alcohol on news on all the major television station in Ghana including GTV which is for Ghana. Why not go after them too.....hypocrisy is stupid and unjust and should be totally condemned.

IMOGENE333

Forum Helper
Exactly my point, that skinny white dude in the Alomo adverts they always show during the tv3 new in which he says ''aah nana wama ma yɛ dɛ'', why not ban him too? Im sure he has a lot of kid fans

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Very interesting point to make, why not ban him too...... there is something terribly wrong , why not instruct all Tv station to advertize about alcohol in the night like 10:00 pm at which time most children will be asleep. i think that will also help instead of outlining one man to disgrace his image he had used so many years to build... pure barbaric discrimination on the part of food and drugs board.

They are afraid of the alcoholic company(manufactures ) and the tv station(advertizement platform) and now resolve in tarnishing the images of hard working Ghanians. They have lost focus.

IMOGENE333

Forum Helper
why don't they just ban alcohol period, cos none of the alcohol companies would like their adverts to be shown late at night. Just as the kids would be sleeping by then, so will half of the adults so less people get to see it and which would consequently mean less profits.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum