Kwame Dzokoto for MP?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Kwame Dzokoto for MP? Empty Kwame Dzokoto for MP? Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:27 am

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
 Kwame Dzokoto for MP? 3566833637913_3705557109684

Comedian and actor Kwame Dzokoto is popular on radio and television but will that be enough to win him a seat in Ghana’s legislature?

Social media platforms have been awash with posters purported to have emerged from the actor.

The posters suggests that Seth Kwame Dzokoto may be staking a claim for the Parliamentary ticket of the governing National Democratic Congress in the Tarkwa Nsuaem Constituency of the Western Region.

The poster has sent social media buzzing.

Attempts by Myjoyonline.com to get confirmation from the comedian proved futile.

Sources close to Kwame Dzokoto, however, disclosed to Myjoyonline that he is using the posters to test political waters.

He wants to measure his popularity and see if it is a wise decision to vie for the Tarkwa Nsuaem seat which is currently held by the New Patriotic Party (NPP).

It is unclear if he will be contesting in the National Democratic Congress (NDC) primaries in March 2016.

Source: Myjoyonline

2 Kwame Dzokoto for MP? Empty Re: Kwame Dzokoto for MP? Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:08 pm

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
Personally, I find it a bit hard to believe that all these guys are actually in to help. First it was Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, then Abeiku Santana, and now Edziban also want to go to parliament. Is it that the current crop of parliamentarians are not doing a good job or what? Some of these media guys may have very good intentions but I wonder if parliament is the way to go.

3 Kwame Dzokoto for MP? Empty Re: Kwame Dzokoto for MP? Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:54 pm

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
The problem with the country now is that you don't need to have good intentions to go to parliament. We all know the financial incentives that these parliamentarians enjoy and to the typical Ghanaian, if that cant motivate them enough to contest then i don't think anything can.

If anyone asked me how these current crop of parliamentarians are doing, i would say that most of them don't deserve the outrageous amounts they milk from us every month. Its more like a business though. These celebs want to invest in that sector Laughing .

4 Kwame Dzokoto for MP? Empty Re: Kwame Dzokoto for MP? Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:40 am

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Well... For me I see this as a joke which is targeted to the MPs to tell them that they actually not doing anything to the development of their respective constituencies and to the nation as a whole.... This is just trying to signal to them that if that is what they can do then people like Kwame Dzokoto can even do better if he vies for the position of the MP and succeeds.....

All they know is to say sweet words to talk their way into getting into power and chop all the "moneys"... But in a way, I think Kwame Dzokoto can even do better if he were the MP for his constituency... I actually don't see their importance in our Nation's quest for development...

5 Kwame Dzokoto for MP? Empty Re: Kwame Dzokoto for MP? Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:28 pm

tjstone8

tjstone8
Active Newbie
Its interesting when they come out to declare their in tension....maybe he will be made the Minister of Food & Agriculture just bcus of his love for food....Edziban ana dzidze.. Smile Smile

6 Kwame Dzokoto for MP? Empty Re: Kwame Dzokoto for MP? Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:45 pm

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
i really hope he doesn't end his carrier with this move.. this thing can go in two ways either in his favor or destroy him totally bcos GH politics seem to be for people who have notin to loose and will do anything to gain power... Wish him best of luck thou

7 Kwame Dzokoto for MP? Empty Re: Kwame Dzokoto for MP? Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:57 pm

tjstone8

tjstone8
Active Newbie
Looking at the bright side, he will even usually go back to acting and advertising:) Smile Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum