Staff Online
Members2390
Most Online179
Newest Member
https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

Android N is now Android Nougat

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Android N is now Android Nougat Empty Android N is now Android Nougat Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:30 pm

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager

Google announced on Snapchat today that Android N, the latest version of Android, will now go by Android Nougat. The announcement comes after the company said at I/O last month that users could submit suggestions for the name online.

Nougat is the latest dessert-themed version of Android, due out later this summer. The release, initially announced in March and currently on its second (and mostly stable) beta, brings new features like an improved notification shade and split-screen multitasking to the mobile OS, while also improving on features like Doze that came with Marshmallow last year. The release also has Daydream, Google's new VR platform, baked in, though it'll only be supported by Daydream-ready handsets running the OS.

Android N is now Android Nougat 1

It's at this time that we congratulate Lauren Goode on her great guess and her great cat (also named Nougat).

Android N is now Android Nougat 1

source: The Verge

2Android N is now Android Nougat Empty Re: Android N is now Android Nougat Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:31 pm

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
Is this a good move from google? What do you expect from this release? Share your thoughts?

3Android N is now Android Nougat Empty Re: Android N is now Android Nougat Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:03 pm

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
I think its a great move considering the kind of new features they adding and improvement to certain features as indicated... I think it will go a long to make using the mobile phone more fun and easy that before, especially the split-screen multitasking to the mobile OS... Great initiative..

4Android N is now Android Nougat Empty Re: Android N is now Android Nougat Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:16 pm

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
Currently Android runs on most of the mobile devices in the the system. Can they maintain That niche? Or there would be a time where iOS would dominate?

5Android N is now Android Nougat Empty Re: Android N is now Android Nougat Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:10 pm

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Well... I guess it depends on how most people are familiar with using phones with iOS as compared with those that use Android phones... I think the one which is more user friendly will dominate..

And like you indicated, most phones use android OS hence more people are getting familiar with the android OS Like in Ghana here...

I think both of them will continue develop and expand in order to meet the stunning challenges they are giving to each other..

6Android N is now Android Nougat Empty Re: Android N is now Android Nougat Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:16 pm

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
The android Os is no doubt the most widely use Mobile OS today, remember one time it was the S40 and S60 os which was dominating the market which eventually faded out after the birth of android by Google. We have also seen great increase of iOS users too.

But it seems you guys have forgot the Giant of all OS which is Microsoft, The Microsoft mobile windows is much older, the issue was trying to make the phone work just like the PC, which most people find it difficult to use at the time. Today we have new windows 10 for mobile which is much better than both android and iOS in my books.

7Android N is now Android Nougat Empty Re: Android N is now Android Nougat Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:03 am

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
I am currently using lollipop (5.1) on my xperia z. It's quite an improvement on the previous KitKat. I've not had the time to upgrade to the 6.0. However I can say that even 5.1 is quite good. I am happy with it. Google has really done a good job with the recent iterations of the Android OS; enough to match that from Apple boot for boot.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum