You are not connected. Please login or register

I have failed the people of Accra - Mayor

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
I have failed the people of Accra - Mayor 87712026

The mayor of Accra, Ghana’s capital city has admitted that he has failed the people in his administration of the city.

The man who recently won the prestigious Jose Eduardo dos Santos African Best Mayor award at the second African urban infrastructure investment forum, has come under heavy criticism for the poor planning of the capital, particularly the poor sanitary conditions which has been credited with the destruction caused by Wednesday's floods that claimed over 100 lives.

Alfred Oko Vanderpuije made the admission of his failure in the proper administration of Accra on Thursday June 4, 2015, a day after the floods in an interview with Kwame Tutu, the host of Rainbow Radio 87.5fm breakfast show.

He blamed the floods partly on the Ministry of Finance for the delay in the release of a $500 million facility granted by the Exim bank of America to dredge the Odaw River in the center of the city.

He seized the opportunity to appeal to the ministry to speed up processes in the release of the money to undertake the project code named conti-project.

Source: GhanaWeb

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
See black man o. You admit you have failed and yet refuse to resign. The white man would have stepped aside long ago.
I think Oliver Queen should visit him one of these nights. "Mr. Mayor, You have failed this City..."

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Hahahaa... Funny... I so much agree with you.. I guess even the president needs more of "Oliver Queen's" visits.. Hahahaa.. But who is going to be that "Oliver Queen" in this real world??? The former FIFA president took a bold step to resign when there were too many accusations on him.. Even he did that painfully but sincerely after he had been re-elected... As you said earlier, "Black man", i don't think this 'Black man' knows how to concede that he has lost people's trust and then resign....

Even after admitting it himself, he still wants a way to change people's mind by trying to care and do something so that they will see he is at least doing something.... I wish we had a Real life 'Vigilante' who will question these our corrupt leaders and bring them to justice or resignation so those more capable can take over and change things around....

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
Rene Marratier was jailed for 4 years for a flood that killed 29 people. Another mayor and his deputy both resigned in Beijing for floods. I don't know what at all is in the heads of some African leaders that makes them think they are the only ones wise enough to hold those positions.

Sepp Blatter stood decided to step aside after some bashing from HackGH and other others. Smile Dr Oko Vanderpuije should do the honourable thing and resign.

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
AHHHH masa dis guy is not serious... he jux trying to save a face of shame of corruption and all dat.. what do u mean by u failed the people of Accra, while the truth is u actually failed the whole of Ghana... see the death and destruction corruption has cost us... bcos one man want to chop.. the blood of all those people is on your hand... by all means in one way or the other we will all answer for our sins....Ahhh

I lost in friend to this tragedy... I dont knw even knw how to feel...angry or sad...May God forgive u n your corrupt members

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
Accept my condolence bro. I can't imagine how you must be feeling. But be strong. This country surely needs a shakeup from top down. The leaders have taken us for a ride for too long.

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Hmmm... In sorrow, we mourn those lost.... In gratitude, we embrace those around us.... In sympathy, we reach out to those who grieve.... These leaders of ours have put us in so much discomforts and torments to the extent that we can take anymore.... @swiftblack, Please accept my most heartfelt sympathy for your loss.... My thoughts are with you bro during this difficult time.... We hope and pray this doesn't happen ever again....

Last edited by chinesta10 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typographical error)

MherlynEmhr3z

MherlynEmhr3z
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
I just think this is very simple, IF YOU HAVE FAILED US, THEN STEP DOWN FOR THE RIGHT PERSON TO COME AND DO THE WORK WELL FOR THE BENEFIT OF GHANIANS.
I'm just surprised he;s not ashamed of himself to have come on air to accept he failed us, yet he still thinks he can do his job. Didn't he and his administration know we are entering the rainy season so they had to put things in place before the heavy rain starts?
Yet they waited and now that the damage has being made, they are now demolishing houses and others. Annoying people.

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
hmmmm... Only God Knows best...at least that is what I can use to clam down n not think further.; the funny thing is.. he was standing a place safe n wanted to save some1 so we hear but ended up slipping n dying himself... well I give it all to God... He Knows best... thank you guys ....i really appreciate it all

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum