View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
First topic message reminder :

I just got this message from Airtel Ghana

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Let's have some internet fun TONIGHT! Buy a GHC1 data bundle or more and browse all night for free on the smartphone network. Dial *125#"

Guys try it and give feedback. Note this is only valid from 00.00 to 06.00 hrs

Last edited by WhIPL4$h on Fri May 01, 2015 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

MherlynEmhr3z

Support Moderator
Support Moderator
It seems airtel is just playing around with us. I called customer care and was told you can subscribe to a 1 cedi bundle and browse at dawn but the same airtel company tells us to buy the 5 cedis bundle. hmmm

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
Yeah... After their initial mess up they haven't bee able to come clean on this browsing thing. It's not good at all. Today its 1 cedi, tomorrow its 5 cedis, then 1 cedi. What at all us going on? Airtel..... look sharp.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Ok... i have made subscriptions on 2 different airtel sim cards.. one with the 1cide and the other is with 5cide.. i will be observing which one works tonight. will give my feedback same time tomorrow to affirm for members.

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
@Admin what were the findings? Did it work as we predicted?

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Hey guys, The 5Ghc subscription is the one that was able to browse during 12am midnight to 6am morning. i also noticed the download speed have increase to about 1mb.....but that was not the case at first, maybe is due to less patronage of the subscription because it expensive and only last for 6 hours.

However that was the case for the 1cide subscription, i tried it many times and it never worked. so the 1cides subscription is only for the 30mb they will give you and nothing else..

Conclusion: To now enjoy this offer you must subscribe to any plan on airtel that is 5Ghc and above to enjoy this offer, also remember that this offer works only on the day you subscribe to the plan.

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Well i guess that's the end for most of us here. I would be better off subscribing to mtns night plan than going for their 5 cides offer.
What this exposes about them though is that their planning is poor and they should check it for their own good. That not withstanding, they are doing us a lot of good with their offers.

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
Yea. So nowadays it would be better to queue all your downloads for say, 2 weeks and subscribe to download them during one night.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
The beginning of 2015 was bright, but now it seem the internet service providers are back to their old habits again, cancelling unlimited data and making it expensively difficult for the average Ghanians to buy. its sad how this Telcos don't respect or have regard for their subscribers.

Now the only package that seems more efficient is the Sika kokoo promo from airtel. Aye Asem paa o, We live to see.....

MherlynEmhr3z

MherlynEmhr3z
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
hmmm, i always say that until there are unlimited services provided to us at very good and affordable prices, i would never praise our isp's so much for the little they are doing for us yet they are not able to make their good offers last for as long us we want them.
Buying a 5 cedi bundle that lasts for a month and only allows you to browse for free at midnight for just a day is not the best from airtel at all. They should make it at least a week and that would help us in a way but a single day is not the best at all.
At least for now the only one which i would say is normal is the airtel sika kokoo promo.
Our ISP's need to wake up and provide to us better services.

nyaw2015

Active Newbie
Do you know the cost the Networks incur in powering their cell sites? Go and ask them the amount they spend on fuel alone and you will know what they are going through.

The MTN Unlimited(3GB) Night bundle and the Airtel Unlimited((10GB) bundle for GHc3 and GHc5 are the best you can get in such times of the economy. They are trying.

For me, I say "Congrats" to MTN and Airtel.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Well not everyone can afford the higher cost of data plans like you, I have seen you using the word unlimited data and also indicating allocated data assign to it . we know they have to power their cell towers, and advertize as well... but trust if you have a better unlimited data plan, it will be the people themselves that will advertize like we are doing here...

However i cant overlook the fact that you mentioned Airtel 10GB that cost 5ghc , can you be specific on how to subscribe to that data bundle, if it were true then that will make the cheapest data bundle in Ghana today, can you be more specific on that plan

MherlynEmhr3z

MherlynEmhr3z
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
nyaw2015, unlimited data doesn't come with a quota as you have mentioned above. We are all going through the same economic hardship and energy crisis. Ask yourself this, before the current energy crisis was there still any better unlimited services provided to us from them, I would only accept what Vodafone used to provide to us. I mean their unlimited services which most internet cafe's used by then. They spend money on fueling their plants and that's the same way we spend money on fueling our generators, when we are unable to power our generators, how then do we use our data bundles we've subscribed for? they go waste as usual.
However if you say there is a data bundle from airtel which costs 5 cedis for 10GB, then please let us us how to subscribe to that, it would really help at this very moment..

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
I think the point of contention here may be the term UNLIMITED as used by ISPs to advertise some of their products. They are quick to add that TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY.

Take MTN for instance, they have "unlimited" night and "unlimited" month browsing for 3ghs and 150ghs. But the truth is that most of the time, the ISPs actually have a quota assigned. For instance, acording to the terms and conditions document from MTN, you get only 15GB of data.

After exhausting that quota, the speed is throttled. You stay connected alright but the bandwidth would be such that you can get nothing done. So I understand when [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] refers to Airtel's package as allowing 10 GB.

They say it's UNLIMITED but that's just a marketing strategy. They know that considering the bandwidth and the time (12-6am) there is no way you could exhaust 10GB data. So the subscribers see it as unlimited when it is in fact not so.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Well, i have got you point, you were talking about the allocated data assigned during the hour of 12am to 6am with the 5Ghc subscription, let take for instance the time you are restricted to use it, late hours when is likely you will be sleeping, have you tried calculating 5Ghc X 30DAY(1month) =150Ghc at the hours that you are likely to sleep.

Is the controlling aspect that get on my nerves , The network telling you when to wake up time and time to go to bed , don't you realize how bad the data plan is for you even for your health.

With unlimited, you can leave your downloads on and go to sleep, it total freedom over data, Remember during my stay in London , i use 02 network, the plans are unlimited and it the speed that they use to sell their unlimited plans. That data that you have control of.

Consider these plans, if any network is able to adopt this plan below, here they can sell unlimited plans with the speed and also daily and monthly basis

Let say you buy a data plan for 1Ghc for 1 day and the speed is at 100kbps

Let say you buy a data plan for 7Ghc for 1week and the speed is at 100kbps

Let say you buy a data plan for 30Ghc for 1 month and the speed is at 100kbps

Let say you buy a data plan for 60Ghc for 1 month and the speed is at 200kbps

Let say you buy a data plan for 100Ghc for 1 month and the speed is at 400Kbps

Trust me, even these are still expensive to most people in Ghana, but we can have at least some sort of relief becoase its unlimited.

Last edited by phAnt0m DrAcON on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Well the most annoying part of this whole unlimited internet thing is the frequent discconections of late. My MTN unlimited bundle disconnects after every 10 or 20 minutes and i have to reconnect to resume my downloads.

Its very infuriating, especially whenever am downloading a file that doesnt support pause and resume. A call to their center was met with crazy escuses such as congestion in my area etc. What i fail to understand though is that its better when i use a different sim from the beginning, but gets worst as time goes by.

What i feel is that, they dont only sell the bundle to you at a high price during an odd hour, they also dictate to you how you will use it. That shows how pathethic our situation with the ISPs is. They never consider what we want, but what will fetch them money and i dont see it changing anytime soon unless somethind dramatic happens with we the subscribers.

Imagine

In modern day Ghana we still cant boast of a bundle that you can use without consistently checking your bundle balance at an affordable price, unless those that requres you to be awake when all "normal" persons are asleep.

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
I think what all of you guys are saying are exactly right.... It seems the meaning of the term "Unlimited" to the ISPs is not the same to the ordinary customer... To the ISPs, its strictly governed by this 'Terms and Condition Apply' stuff which they are really serious about... I remember i subscribed to this MTN Night 'So called' Unlimited browsing which needs 3 cedis to be eligible to browse which unlike that of the Airtel, you wont get to use any bundle data before you browse at night from 12 to 6am....

I realized that as i started to download the speed was so fast and i was able to download so many stuffs but didn't check how much data i exhausted though... All of a sudden the speed got throttled by some means to a slower one compared to when i started.... I fell asleep as i was downloading a file around 5:38 and when i woke up to check if it had finished downloading, i found out that all the credit that was left has been used as at 6:02.... So they really mean this Terms and Conditions Apply stuff....

The only Unlimited browsing you can get in this modern Ghana here is FREE BROWSING... Unless it is free browsing, forget about unlimited because this ISPs always have a counter offer ..ie. TREMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY... I don't think anyone here loves to sacrifice his sleeping hours to browse the net just because it somehow Unlimited.. Its like the ISPs only want us to browse the net on their own terms.. Thats why hackers too have their counter terms to hack the loop holes in their network to cook FBTs..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum