Newest Member
https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

WhatsApp voice calling feature: here’s how to enable it

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

kruger

kruger
Active Newbie
WhatsApp voice calling feature: here’s how to enable it Whatsapp_adiccion_androidpit_2

Whats App has been trying to integrate voice call functionality into the world’s most popular instant messaging app since the start of March, with moderate success. But now the eagerly-awaited feature is available to anyone with the latest version of the app, complete with an invite from a person with voice calling already activated. We'll show you how to safely get WhatsApp voice calls on your phone.

How to enable WhatsApp voice calls

Important: Be warned that there is a WhatsApp calling scam doing the rounds. Read up, be wary and spread the word.

The ability to activate voice calls on WhatsApp finally seems to be here for keeps. To get it:

Update your WhatsApp app to at least v2.11.561. The official WhatsApp website now has v2.12.14.
Enable Unknown Sources in your Security settings. On stock Android, you'll find this option at Settings > Security > Unknown sources
Get someone who already has the WhatsApp voice calling feature enabled to call you.
Once you answer the call, three tabs will appear at the top of your WhatsApp interface - calls, chats and contacts. This means voice calling has been enabled.

WhatsApp voice calling feature: here’s how to enable it AndroidPIT-WhatsApp-voice-calls-incoming-tabs

The calls tab will show you a detailed call log and in any chat with a WhatsApp contact you'll find that the dialer icon at the top now makes calls direct via WhatsApp and not the regular dialer. We've tested the latest version with several phones and they all worked first try, so it looks like the wait is finally over and WhatsApp voice calls are here for everyone.

NB:I GOT MINE WHEN SOMEONE ALREADY HAVING IT CALLED ME. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

willspanner

willspanner
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
started using it two weeks ago. It has a late feedback but it is nice tho. It doesn't support all phones. Mostly some windows phones and also blackberry. Some can receive the calls but the call column wouldn't appear. Others would also see missed calls without having their phones ringing. Don't be bothered if yours doesn't work.

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
This feature need a lot of debugging and streamlining. The other party I called could not hear me speak though could hear cleaely. The should have run a beta test first before rolling it out.

kruger

kruger
Active Newbie

Yhh i experienced that too..Sometimes i heard my own voice .Need a lot of improvement.I hope whatsapp works on it

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
If it works fine it serve to compete favourably with the likes of Viber n co. Moreover I hear there's going to be an upward adjustment of phone call tarrifs. Up to about 40 pesewas or minute. Our best resort would be WhatsApp and Viber, Skype etc.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Its not like whatsapp is the first, There is Skype which is for Microsoft, for years they charge customers for what whatsapp is about to do free, let not forget whatsapp is a product of Facebook, after they bought for over 3 Billion dollars, they are also developing a web application like Skype and OoVooO, Which also be great, so we can use our Pc to install whatsapp software. am not talking about adons to browsers, but downloadable software for PC and Mac.

But i still believe they should have run a beta first, this would Have been better , so the developers can look for loops, bugs and fix them, But dont worry,am sure they will solve the bugs and fixes in future updates.

Last edited by phAnt0m DrAcON on Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

MherlynEmhr3z

MherlynEmhr3z
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Yeah this feature works on my phone now but there are some people on my list im not able to call them. I dont really know why for now. For me i think they really need to work harder to make it the best cos i experience a low quality voice call which i think must be improved. All the same we say big ups to them, since this is just the beginning, im sure we will get more from them.

MIMMS94

MIMMS94
Forum Hacker
Forum Hacker
they need to work on it and improve its quality cus it delays a little bit meaning u have to wait for a little while before the other person hears and reply you.........

IMOGENE333

Forum Helper
since Mark Zuckerberg owns whatsapp, I have no doubt there are mind blowing features in the pipeline for the app.
he is even considering "spherical video" – video where you can change your viewing angle and feel like you’re really there.
he is 35 billion dollars rich, the sky is the limit.

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Yeah...I've tried this voice calling several times but didn't enjoy those calls since it lags... It took time for me to hear what the other person was saying.... Sometime i don't even get what the person is saying clearly....That's my feedback...Its a great initiative but i think future improvement and bugs fixes would make this whatsapp voice calling feature really great and enjoyable.......HACKGH FOR LIFE..... Smile Smile Smile

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
but i must say im really enjoying this addition to waths up... since most of us use wathsup its really captivate to use it

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum