You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you agree? Hammer says ECG must be Sold

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Do you agree? Hammer says ECG must be Sold  Nocep

Music producer and the brain behind The Last 2 Music Group, Hammer has proposed that the Electricity Company of Ghana should be sold to a private company to operate. The legendary beat maker on his Facebook wall on Friday afternoon wrote that private companies are operated well than those owned by the state. Edward Nana Poku Osei said Ghana Telecom before its acquisition was performing bad but it became better when it was sold to Vodafone. He agreed that Ghanians complain about issues of selling public companies but agreed that that is the best.

Wait a min.. Let’s analyse this carefully......

We’re all aware our problem as a nation is bad management and maintenance of large corporations with state interests. National theater, conference centre, gbc etc are all deteriorating due to mismanagement and bad maintenance yet when u mention sale of such broken entities, there’s always an uproar as to why it’s being sold and bla bla bla… I’ll tell u why, it’s cos we can’t handle them SIMPLE.

ECG is not any different if u ask me. Cos the best thing that ever happened to Ghana telecom was the Vodafone
acquisition. We have seen this happen too many times to worry about the state losing control of such institutions cos frankly the human resource mindset is to blame not the system of operations in these institutions.

ECG MUST BE SOLD whether we like it or not. It’s better for the nation to enjoy reliable and efficient power supply than take pride in government control of a broken down company. How many government interest companies are in Ghana club 100. I bet there’s none. Politician Should stop bickering about which party sold it and who got the kickbacks and all that fuss and focus on the benefits to the nation if it’s sold and we have stable power. #SELLECG

Edited By DrAcON

Last edited by Dagobert on Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

MherlynEmhr3z

MherlynEmhr3z
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
I really agree they sell it out to any serious company willing to provide Ghana with a better service.
Its being three days i i still haven't enjoyed electricity.
they claim its now 24hrs off and just 12hrs on but when the light is on they again give light out.

It would be best if a foreign company handles ecg, that is, government should have some percentage in the company but not to sell it out completely. actually it should be done like how they sold most of the shares of Ghana telecom to Vodafone. I just wold be very happy if it happens that its being sold.

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
If selling shares will make the conditions of Ghanaians better ,I don't see why they shouldn't. Seriously speaking I personally was against the overtake of onetouch by Vodafone. But today I must admit that it's the best thing that ever happened to Ghana Telecom.

Felizo

Felizo
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
well for me, i totally agree, if it's sold to any private company, they will be sincere to us and all this dumso will be minimize. Excuse me to say, as for the gh leaders, it's all about 'sika die basabasa'

willspanner

willspanner
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
In my perspective, i think it is a good idea but what we have to keep in mind is once a private company starts managing it cost or purchase of electricity would increase. The subsidies that are being paid by the government would have to be withdrawn and the probility of you being supplied with the 24hrs of light wouldn't be assured. I know someone might say it would be better in the hands of a private institution than in that of the government but there are other factors to be considered such as the water. They gave one of their reasons as low level of water in the dam. I would rather suggest it should be sold to multiple private institutions and not just a body cos that would rather make the competition tight.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Our leaders have lost focus...Selling Ghanians property, whether its Anglo gold , Vodafone, Ghana airways, STC, UTC, Starlin Shipping docs, Ambassador records, Ghana films, Kingsway Stores, Merchant bank or whatever. it totally wrong.. why is everyone approving the sale of Ecg knowing very well ECG is tax payers property and only a few people will decide to sell it and rob the country while doing so...  before we know it, another stupid Government or leader will sell Akosoabo dam...

IRONIC, you vote for leaders to lead us and protect the property of this state, and if they cant manage the properties, the simply sell them, that means they are not capable of leading a nation and managing our properties. Lets stop partisanship of the NPP/NDC and face facts that all these government have sold Ghanaian properties before ...... Stupid Leaders with no vision or aim for the future of Ghanians

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum