People tend to get confused with Java & Symbian Phones & how they work.
Phones that are built on either of these or both of these give you best functionality
So lets demystify this right now and right here
1. Symbian is a mobile phone operating system. This provides the mobile phone users with an interactive platform. With this platform, you can communicate easily with your mobile phones/cellphones.
2. Symbian is platform dependent & applications cannot be built on it like Java.
3. Symbian applications run more faster
4. Symbian applications run on only the machine for which it is intended.
5. Most Symbian Phones have an inbuilt GPS.
6. These phones have large screen size compared to Java Phones.
7. Symbian Phones support low level as well as high level programs
8. Phones on Symbian support Multi-tasking
9. Symbian downloads are less in number compared to Java.
1. Java is a virtual machine. It is an application that runs on the mobile operating system.
2. Java allows developers to design various applications that make your phone usage efficient & intuitive.
3. Java applications are slower
4. Java applications can run on multiple machines.
5. Java Phones do not have inbuilt GPS.
6. Screen size is comparatively smaller.
7. Support only low level programs
8. Java Phones do not support multi tasking
9. More number of Java downloads are available.
Hope this is useful