Free counters!
Staff Online
Staff Online
Members2390
Most Online179
Newest Member
https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to Change the Bandwidth Speed (Windows 7)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Open Run by pressing (Windows logo key + R).Then, type gpedit.msc in the Run window. Hit enter. A new window should open.

Select Administrative Templates. Then, select "Network" under "Administrative Templates."

Select and double click "QoS Packet Scheduler." You will find it on the right hand side of your screen.

Select and double click "Limit Reservable Bandwidth." If you're using default settings, you'll see that the settings are "Not Configured." However, even though the bandwidth limit below shows zero percent and is grayed, Windows 7 still reserves 20 percent of the current bandwidth available.

Click "Enable." Drag the bandwidth percent to zero percent and then click "Apply." When prompted, click "Okay".

Run Disk Cleanup and restart your browser. Your Computer will now utilize 100 percent of the total bandwidth available. You should notice a slight increase in download speed.

Tips

• You can also try a program such as TCP Optimizer to fine-tune your Internet connection.
  • Try closing all tabs in any browser you have before you start browsing the internet.

akokono

akokono
Forum Helper
run cannot open gpedit.msc

kruger

kruger
Active Newbie
@akokono pls it can open ..just tried it

illuminati

illuminati
Active Newbie
akokono try again cus it works

akokono

akokono
Forum Helper
windows cannot open 'gpedit.msc' .make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again

THIS IS THE INFO I GET AFTER MANUALLY TYPING IN AND ALSO COPYIN AND PASTING gpedit.msc INTO RUN
NOTE: I typed without quotes

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
i guess u might be having a problem with your keys cos it should work.
that error means you did not type it well.
gpedit.msc

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
i guess u might be having a problem with your keys cos it should work.
that error means you did not type it well.
gpedit.msc

akokono

akokono
Forum Helper
man u didnt read my comment well.i have no problem with my key. i copied and pasted but still not working

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
really?
then i cant really help you there
cos such an error statement only mean one thing, which is its being typed wrongly.
@ akokono; i hope dis info helps
To open the Local Group Policy Editor from the command line

Click Start , type gpedit.msc in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER .

To open the Local Group Policy Editor as an MMC snap-in

Open MMC. (Click Start , click in the Start Search box, type mmc , and then press ENTER .)

On the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in .

In the Add or Remove Snap-ins dialog box, click Group Policy Object Editor , and then click Add .

In the Select Group Policy Object dialog box, click Browse .

Click This computer to edit the Local Group Policy object, or click Users to edit Administrator, Non-Administrator, or per-user Local Group Policy objects.

Click Finish .

Note
If you want to save a Local Group Policy Editor console and choose which GPO opens in it from the command line, select the Allow the focus of the Group Policy Snap-in to be changed when launching from the command line check box in the Select Group Policy Object dialog box.

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
or better still this will do; @akokono

Tip: gpedit.msc file is located in \Windows\System32 folder.

Method 2: Open the Local Group Policy Editor as MMC Snap-In

1.Click on Start button, type mmc in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to open MMC (Microsoft Management Console).

2.Press Yes if User Account Control (UAC) dialog prompts.

3.On the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in.

4. In the “Add or Remove Snap-ins” dialog box, click Group Policy
Object Editor, and then click Add.
How to Change the Bandwidth Speed (Windows 7) This-computer-gpo

5.In the “Select Group Policy Object” dialog box, click Browse.

6.Click This computer to edit the Local Group Policy object.
Alternatively, user can choose to connect to GPO of remote computer, or click Users tab to selectively edit GPO for Administrator, Non-Administrator, or per-user Local Group Policy objects.

7.Click Finish.

8.Click OK to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
How to Change the Bandwidth Speed (Windows 7) Add-group-policy-object-editor

Local Group Policy Editor is only available in Professional (Business), Enterprise and Ultimate Editions of Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Users of Windows 7 or Windows Vista Starter, Home Basic and Home Premium will not get Local Group Policy Editor.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum