https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

HOW TO PROTECT YOUR PC FROM autorun.inf VIRUS

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MherlynEmhr3z

MherlynEmhr3z
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Most of us have pc's with autorun.inf virus. Some of us say its not a virus but it only makes some devices to automatically open when inserted into the computer. We may right and at the same time wrong cos we have autorun in programs that are not viruses but autorun.inf is a deadly virus that will affect the performance of you pc from time to time.

Now, to prevent this Virus,

*follow this steps and you will never get autorun.inf virus again.

Create a new folder in pendrive.
   Rename the newly created folder as autorun.inf.
  Right click on the folder and click on properties.
   Mark the folder as read only and save the changes.

That is all you need to protect your device from the nasty virus. Technique used here is simple. Windows wont allow two files with the same name. So when the infected system tries to write autorun.inf onto your device it wont work. As the file has been made read only it cannot be altered by the infected system either. So you are completely protected by the autorun.inf virus.

The same technique works on hard drives and other external devices like memory cards.

ksolo

ksolo
Active Newbie
smadav antivirus can do that job sharp!!

ahmedo1992

ahmedo1992
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
i think this is a great cheat since there is noting like updating.good cheat @henryboadu

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Awesome Trick.... I personally don't install too much software's on my servers on pc, it makes the PC crappy and sometimes slow, freezes and jugglery , i  scratch  will go with the manual method @henry posted....besides its simple and easy do...instead of downloading additional software for this. Great post i really like this.....

MherlynEmhr3z

MherlynEmhr3z
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
thanks guys

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum