https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ronaldo wins UEFA Best Player in Europe award

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
The forward has scooped the individual gong for the second time in his career after helping Real Madrid and Portugal to Champions League and Euro 2016 glory respectively

Ronaldo wins UEFA Best Player in Europe award Cristiano-ronaldo_f9wpe9vlo4d41dskcbd8lzttd

Real Madrid and Portugal superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has won the UEFA Best Player in Europe award for the second time.

Ronaldo, 31, claimed the prize ahead of his club team-mate Gareth Bale and Atletico Madrid star Antoine Griezmann.

The forward, who first won the award in 2014, scored the winning spot-kick as Madrid beat Atletico in the Champions League final on penalties in May, having already scored 16 goals in the competition, in just 12 games.

And Ronaldo then went on to help Portugal to their first international title with victory at the Euros, scoring three goals during the tournament.

The former Manchester United star scored a total of 54 goals in La Liga, the Champions League and the European Championship, far outstripping his rivals.

"It's a great honour and thanks to the journalists for voting for me," he said.

"My team-mates are the key - they are the key every year. I work hard myself but without the help of my team-mates this would not be possible. Thanks to my team-mates from Real Madrid and Portugal."

Ronaldo wins UEFA Best Player in Europe award Ronaldo-griezmann-bale_1lponcv43ws671xts6ogx5tvzf

"I have to mention Portugal because it was the first in their history. It was different because I've won the Champions League three times. To win something with Portugal was the highlight of my career."

Bale netted 19 league goals and also played a key role in guiding Wales to the semi-finals of Euro 2016 while Griezmann helped France to the final on home turf, scoring six goals in addition to the 29 he had bagged for his club.

Ronaldo will now hope to be crowned the best player in the world at the Ballon d'Or ceremony at the end of the year, with Lionel Messi the current holder of the prize.

Source from Goal

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum