Staff Online
Members2390
Most Online179
Newest Member
https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mahama slams critics of Ghana@59 speech

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mahama slams critics of Ghana@59 speech Empty Mahama slams critics of Ghana@59 speech Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:53 pm

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Mahama slams critics of Ghana@59 speech 20148875

President John Dramani Mahama has slammed critics of his speech delivered at the 59th Independence Day, saying they lack the understanding of the speech he delivered.

The President had said among other things that the vision of Osagyefo Dr. Kwame Nkrumah to demonstrate to the world that Ghana can lay a foundation for a unique African identity has been realised.

President Mahama also called for the participation of every citizen in efforts to build and move the country forward.

“We must invest ourselves not only in the achievements our nation has chalked but also in the challenges because each of us is the face of Ghana,” President Mahama said.

Shortly after the speech, flagbearer of the opposition New Patriotic Party Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo described the speech as disappointing and empty.

According to Akufo-Addo, the President should have used the occasion to admit the nation is facing serious challenges that need quick redress.

But in an interview with TV3’s Bridget Otoo Monday, President Mahama said his critics lack the basic understanding of the number of things he said at the Independence Square.

“I guess they don’t understand the importance of the Independence Day speech,” President Mahama said.
He added: “Maybe they might have their motive for saying that but I have delivered about three similar speeches and none has been described as empty.

"A speech that speaks about Jomo Kenyatta, a speech that speaks about JB Danquah...and other heroes in Africa is described as empty then I don’t know what they wanted to hear.”

Source: Ghanaweb

kbasante

kbasante
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Everybody knows the things that Dr Kwame Nkrumah accomplished but our president on the other hand not so much he makes claims that he has done a lot of development in this country but most of them have not been done hence the disappointment

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Hmmm... From the way the economy has become hard to manage, i guess a lot of Ghanaians wanted to hear more about how they have failed to help sustain it and what measures have been put in place to help minimize this economic hardship problem...

All we want to see are development here and there, to see that promises that have been made have been fulfilled and to hear that the state of the economy has improved and become a better one as they claimed they were going to do when they come into power, dubbing that a better Ghana Agenda...

With all due respect, I have know no problem with Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo for describing the speech as such. I also think that if a quick redress is not done immediately, our beloved country will continue to face more serious challenges that might make life more uncomfortable than it is now and i cant imagine how we are going to live life here if that ever happens.... God help Ghana...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum