Staff Online
Members2390
Most Online179
Newest Member
https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

Samia Nkrumah to contest for President

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Samia Nkrumah to contest for President Empty Samia Nkrumah to contest for President Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:13 pm

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Samia Nkrumah to contest for President 58073802
Samia Yaaba Nkrumah, CPP Chair

The National Chairperson of the Convention People’s Party (CPP), Samia Yaaba Nkrumah, has hinted of contesting the presidency of the country in 2016.

Speaking at the CPP’s Ashanti Regional delegates conference being held at the GNAT Hall in Kumasi, Samia said she would love to contest the presidential primaries of a merged CPP and People’s National Convention (PNC).

The daughter of Ghana's first President, Kwame Nkrumah, stated this after the PNC’s General Secretary, Bernard Monah, expressed optimism that the two parties would merge and contest the 2016 presidential elections.

Talks are ongoing for a merger of the two Nkrumaist parties.

Samia disclosed that the National Executive Council (NEC) of the CPP will meet at the end of this month to give its approval and seal the merger.

She said this in the presence of the 2012 presidential candidate of CPP, Dr Abu Sakara.

Source: Graphic

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Well its finally clicking into motion. Winning the presidency at the first attempt would be very hard to do for any woman, especially in Ghana. But it will lay a benchmark for successive generations of women to follow. I most definitly wish Her all the best in her ambitions.

HackGh Has already discussed this. Click Here

Pamsco

Pamsco
Active Newbie
I have gone through the discussions through the link provided by @Dagobert and you guys have already digested this topic.  There's very little left to be said.  This particular topic is one that brings a lot of divided opinions in the Ghanaian population. From the women's rights activist to the most religious Ghanaian,  you can always expect diverse opinion when the issue of women in Leadership positions is raised.

All in All I Concord with what Mr @Dagobert said.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
I remember a while back, we discuss if there was ever going to be a female President in Ghana?, now more women are stepping up to the challenge for flag-bearer of their respective political parties, its a step in the good direction as we balance the equality of men and women in the position of political power, However, is going to be hard for CPP to win power even if they have Dr Kwame Nkrumah daughter as their flag-bearer..... Good luck, Samia Nkrumah.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum