You are not connected. Please login or register

I will teach them a lesson - failed MP aspirant threatens

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
I will teach them a lesson - failed MP aspirant threatens 28185917.295

A defeated New Patriotic Party’s (NPP) parliamentary aspirant, Thomas Adongo, has vowed to go independent alleging tampering of voters' register as the cause of his failure to win the Ashaiman ticket.

“It is very, very high [that] Adongo will be going as an independent candidate; not just an independent candidate but I am going to make sure that the right thing is implemented for the party at the national, right down to the constituency level, to know that some silly person is causing this problem to come”, Adongo vowed in an interview on Joy News Monday.

Thomas Adongo was beaten by mechanical engineer Alhaji Labaran Yakubu Barry during Saturday’s parliamentary primaries at Ashaiman constituency.

The former Assembly Member of the Ashaiman Municipal Assembly, came second with 111 votes while the winner Alhaji Barry won with 546 votes.

The parliamentary aspirant said defeat is not new to him, but rigging of this magnitude is an aberration.

He also believes the winner is not a true member of the party but was planted in the race by some regional and constituency executives.

“Anybody that dares to pronounce a winner we will proceed to court,” Adongo vowed earlier.

But speaking to Joy News hours later, Adongo said the solution is to go independent.

Venting his disappointment on Joy News, Thomas Adongo said “I intend to leave the party for them…..because the party that I follow should have genuine principle and the principle of this party is that we don’t believe in cheating.”

He dismissed the effectiveness of using party structures as “useless”.

Explaining the basis for his claim of register tampering, Adongo claimed that the voters’ register handed down from the regional party to the constituency was doctored.

He said deceased members of the party were replaced by certain persons at the constituency working to ensure his defeat.

Thomas Adongo is not alone.

In the Greater Accra Region, the NPP Member of Parliament for the Weija Gbawe Constituency, Rosemond Comfort Abrah has alleged a grand conspiracy at the highest levels of the party to get her out of parliament.

She lost Saturday’s primaries to former NPP national Deputy Women’s Organizer Tina Mensah who polled 309 votes as against Rosemond’s175 votes.

But the defeated MP insists she has uncovered a plot to doctor the voters' register to ensure her defeat.

She said a copy of the register available to her was the same as what was used in selecting the 2016 flagbearer back in October 2014.

“Voting day, I was in house when I heard that voting has already started without the normal procedure. They didn’t even pray before starting,” she recalled.

Rosemond Comfort Abrah revealed that she “suspected foul play” after realizing her picture on the register was removed and replaced with that of a coordinator in the party.

But on voting day, she was shocked to discover that “they used a completely different album. What they used was different.”

“You could see that it was printed and implanted. It lacked my picture anyway.” She has not called the winner to congratulate her because “as for this one, it was clear…she hasn’t won”.

NPP Communications Director Nana Akomea called on aggrieved aspirants to gather evidence and proceed to the appropriate committee of the party for further investigations

Source: myjoyonline

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum