https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sarkodie-Ace Hood saga: Sarkodie thanks media for the hype

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Sarkodie-Ace Hood saga: Sarkodie thanks media for the hype 9323774517875_3995619336919
Ace Hood and Sarkodie

Rapper Sarkodie is downplaying a controversy that greeted his collaboration with American rapper Ace Hood and has rather thanked the media for the publicity.

According to the award-winning musician he is very excited by the hype generated by the song, ‘New Guy’.
Last month, the rapper said in an interview that Ace Hood contacted him for the song but in a counter claim by Ace Hood on twitter, he agreed to collaborate with Sarkodie when $25,000 was paid into his account.

While many have jumped to the Ghanaian’s defence commending him for going the extra mile to record with the American rapper, others have criticised him for lying and being a braggart.

Sarkodie, born Michael Owusu Addo speaking in an interview with Red Carpet show's Ibrahim Ben-Bako said the media attention was what he wanted.

“Big ups to the media for the support I think the hype is crazy. It is actually giving attention to the song much more and that's the idea of what I want to see,” he said.

Asked how he felt about the bashing he received from the public, the rapper said, “It depends on how people take it but it's nothing that serious and we are focusing on the music part of it and can't wait for the music to be out.”

Sarkodie also added that he was happy about the turn of events: “I'm happy about it. I'm in a very good [spirit] for the song and I can't wait. It's dope and worth the wait.”

source: myjoyonline

Felizo

Felizo
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
I can see this is really the dopest track among all sarkodie's songs. Getting one of the topmost artist in america is a big dream come true. With this media hype stratagy by sarkodie has already made the song a hit. Now every body is looking forward to it.. I cant wait to hear this sick rap from this two artist cos they all got sick punch lines.. Sark and other guys in ghana are doing a great job by putting ghana on the world map iterms of music.. Good work done.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Sarkodie is Ghana NO 1 rapper and lot great rap musician like Rockstone the man who introduced Hiplife in Ghana and ofcus Obrafo , the legend in rap music have all thrown their wait behind Sarkodie as the best in Ghana if not Africa. I knew from the start the controversy was good for the track. which am also looking forward to hear and also play it at HackGh. Let as give him the credit he deserves, he has really put Ghana's Hiplife on the map.

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Personally, i was not a fun of Ghana Music especially rap until i was introduced to Hackgh where i found lots Sarkodie's Tracks... I can see why he is the No.1 in Ghana, arguably.. Its really great to see someone trying to raise our music industry to another level this way... Sarkodie's rapping is simply exquisite.. The way he rhymes with the words and also at a faster rate is what makes him unique and also separates him from the rest....

He has set the bar at a high level which every music star dreams of attaining.... Simply his rap takes my breath away anytime i listen to him... For those criticizing him for being a liar and a braggart, i think they just wish they were him at the moment....

Many at times criticisms affect the progress of things but in this case  I guess it has only hyped it to another level and gone a long way to make the wait intense.. I commend him for a good work done and i also think such a music is really worth the wait.....

Last edited by chinesta10 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typographical error)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum