Staff Online
Members2390
Most Online179
Newest Member
https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

US man sends $7,000 to scammer in Ghana

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1US man sends $7,000 to scammer in Ghana Empty US man sends $7,000 to scammer in Ghana Sun May 10, 2015 8:21 am

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
US man sends $7,000 to scammer in Ghana 81705409

A Bismarck man sent $7,000 to Ghana before he realized that what he believed was a woman he was dating was actually a scammer.

The 43-year-old man met the scammer on the dating website Zoosk in August of 2014 and started what he believed was a relationship, Bismarck Police Sgt. Mark Buschena said.

After a short while, the scammer started asking the man to wire money to Ghana, citing one personal problem after another.

"He then became involved with a claimed gold exchange with this woman," Buschena said.

The scammer told the man that she had come into a gold inheritance and she needed the man's help to get it. The man was also contacted by three other men, who claimed to be working for gold exchanges in Ghana and the United States and who directed the man to open up several fraudulent accounts, Buschena said.

The Bismarck man told police he never expected to make a profit from the woman's alleged inheritance; he only expected to get back the money he sent to help secure it.

The last time the man sent money was in December. He then was contacted by a bank representative who told him the accounts should be closed because they were being used for fraudulent activity.

Buschena said information about the case has been forwarded to the North Dakota Attorney General's Office.

Source: GhanaWeb

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
He iS to extend lucky. Other people have had their whole life savings milk out of them by these guys. Problem iS people still fail tO learn from these discoveries. I wish them all the best in their investigation.

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
It's always the same story. If you have a gold exploration prospects, why don't you discuss with your bankers to find a way out? All because if greed for quick money. People should learn some sense. Rome was not built in a day.

IMOGENE333

Forum Helper
these white people are just so desperate, can they just find a physical woman to day? they are always serching for hot women to date on the net. the scammers know this so they exploit their desperation and extort money from them. how can u send so much money to a woman you've never seen before ?

Felizo

Felizo
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Wow. 7000 paaaaa, this white people don't learn from their mistakes at all, there are many hot people in their own country and if u need gold, you can come down here and buy it yourself. Why do u they then search for life partners on the internet..

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
I just cant believe why some people deem it appropriate to date online.... How can you just fall for such lies and even go to the extent of sending such a huge sum of money...

I guess maybe he thought he was going to make some interest from the gold business other than that i don't see why he would send $7000 to just one hot Ghanaian lady you have never seen before when there are so many hot ladies you see around everyday in your country... I guess his desire for pleasure and change of taste is what has caused him that dearly...

Day in day out, we hear about these fraudulent activities going on yet he still went on to trust a "ghost" person (someone you haven't actually met face to face with) and got his reward of getting his money extorted from him... How can someone be that careless and 'stupid'....

Its a hard way to learn a lesson and i hope he has learnt his... He should even count himself lucky for not getting his whole life savings siphoned out of him.... Wish him the best of luck trying to find that Scammer...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum