You are not connected. Please login or register

Aged at post cause of high unemployment —Joseph Yammin

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Aged at post cause of high unemployment —Joseph Yammin 87047718

Former Deputy Ashanti Regional minister, Hon. Joseph Yammin says government should not be blamed for the high level of unemployment in the country.

Speaking in an interview with Sir Richmond Antwi Boasiako on Royal Fm’s morning show, he stated that "most of our elderly folks are still at post in spite of their age and yet complain of graduate unemployment". He said this is a behaviour which is uncalled for.

"Our brothers and sisters who are graduates can occupy such positions if those retired will face the reality of their ages and go according to the law".

Hon. Yammin was worried about employers demanding working experience from graduates before offering them jobs. "Who should first employ them for them to get that experience?” he queried.

He further asked, "were President kKufuor, JJ Rawlings, Atta Mills and John Dramani Mahama Presidents before assuming the seat as presidents?’’ He believes Ghana will never change if we maintained such “bad culture”.

Asked whether he misses his former position as the deputy regional minister, he stated that "when you go to America and you have fufu as your favourite food, for some time if you don’t get some you will definitely miss your country".

He however praised President John Dramani Mahama saying he knows best what decisions will help the country.

He stated his gratitude to the President for giving him the opportunity to serve in various aspects of governance.

Source: GhanaWeb

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
Proverbs 26:4 KJV

"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him."

That's my response and will henceforth be the response to all such ridiculous pronouncements from the government apparatus. These guys have lost their way.

MherlynEmhr3z

MherlynEmhr3z
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
I think concerning the unemployment issues, its really true that if our old men and women who are at their retirement ages had retired by now, there would be jobs for so many graduates..its just sad how graduates get high class degrees and sit home after their national service

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
There are several alternatives to deal with the issue of unemployment. It may include what he said. However the are more prominent factors like the lack of proper and workable policies, corruption etc. He should not just focus on the old people. They should not come complaining about problems for which they were elected to fix.

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
You are right @Whiplash although I must admit that he is also partially right. My reasons being that he was aware of the problem and instead of making the effort to solve it, comes moaning the media about it. That alone tells us something, they are not elected to solve problems but to make money. I had about five of my lecturers being men who had retired and were well into their seventies or even eighties and instead of resting, signed contracts with the institution and continued lecturing while young men with the capability roamed jobless. This is actually what is going on in most the state owned workplaces. It's actually a problem that need attention.

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
Government certainly cannot employ everyone. The trick is to create what they call the "enabling environment" for business establishments to thrive. Let the private sector be involved. They could absorb and employ the people. The government then focuses on other projects with the taxes collected. Everybody wins.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
@WhIPL4$h What is the enabling environment? when there is no electricity, fuel prices have risen, taxes increased from 15% to 17.5%, They are just throwing dust into people eye to remove our minds of the core issues of unemployment. Joseph Yammin is indeed ignorant if this is his excuses to not solving the unemployment problem.

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
Hahaha..... Exactly so. But I have a feeling they are fully aware. They just want to take the rest of us for a ride. They don't feel the heat. They think they are some superhumans.

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Aged at post cause of high unemployment —Joseph Yammin 677.608

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum