https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

Floyd Mayweather beats Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Floyd Mayweather emerged victorious from the most lucrative fight in history, beating Manny Pacquiao via a wide unanimous decision in Las Vegas.

Floyd Mayweather beats Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas _82735549_may_celebrate_reuters

American Mayweather, 38, delivered a defensive masterclass against his Philippine rival at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, making the necessary adjustments after only a few rounds before disappearing out of sight.

Mayweather, who added the WBO welterweight title to the WBC and WBA titles he already owned, was awarded the fight 118-110, 116-112 and 116-112 by the three judges.

With his victory, Mayweather also cemented his status as the greatest pound-for-pound boxer of his generation.

The five-weight world champion is now undefeated in 48 professional fights, stretching back 19 years.

Six-weight world champion Pacquiao, 36, falls to 57 wins, six losses and two draws.

The big fight in numbers

Revenue: Estimated $400m (£265m) in total.

Boxers: Mayweather and Pacquiao set to split about $230m (£150m).

Tickets for the bout - billed as 'The Fight of the Century' - changed hands for as much as $350,000 (£232,000) and American fans were charged almost $100 (£66) to watch on television, with millions more watching across the world.

Rival broadcasters Showtime and HBO joined forces for the first time since Lennox Lewis fought Mike Tyson in 2002 to show the fight, with Jimmy Lennon Jr and Michael Buffer sharing ring announcer duties.

A-listers in the 16,507 crowd included actors Clint Eastwood and Robert De Niro, singers Sting and Prince, and US tycoon Donald Trump.

Multi Grammy Award winner Jamie Foxx sang the American national anthem prior to the fighters entering the ring. So prized was a seat that many celebrities were even sat behind the press row.

Pacquiao began his ring walk at 20:45 Vegas time - to the strains of a song he recorded especially for the occasion - and was awarded a rapturous reception. Mayweather, on the other hand, was roundly booed, despite being effectively the house fighter.

Floyd Mayweather beats Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas _82735786_mayweathergraphicbbc

The opening round was extremely cagey, with both men trying to establish their distance, but Mayweather did land with a couple of eye-catching right hands on the counter.

Not only did Mayweather look noticeably bigger than Pacquiao, he also looked quicker in the early rounds.

And when Pacquiao did get close, Mayweather was content to tie him up, to both Pacquiao and the fans' frustration.

Mayweather rocked Pacquiao with two more rights in the second, although Pacquiao was able to get inside his rival's superior reach and unleash a couple of flurries.

The third round was a more even affair, with Pacquiao able to draw Mayweather into some exchanges and Mayweather doing plenty of rough stuff on the inside.

Pacquiao really came into the fight in the fourth, staggering Mayweather with a left hand, which many thought would be a key weapon in this fight.

Floyd Mayweather beats Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas _82735648_pac_mayweatherbody_afp
Manny Pacquiao suffered the sixth defeat of his career

Mayweather was forced to cover up on the ropes and many of Pacquiao's follow-up punches were caught on the arms and gloves, but a smile from the American signalled he may have been hurt.

Mayweather's head had cleared by the start of the fifth and he proceeded to win the round courtesy of his trusty right cross, with Pacquiao not applying enough pressure or displaying the aggression many felt he needed.

Pacquiao rocked Mayweather again in the sixth, before Mayweather got on his bike in the seventh, slipping and sliding out of reach and frustrating Pacquiao as he looked to engage.

In the eighth it was Mayweather's left that did most of the damage and although he did ship another sneaky left, by now it was apparent that Pacquiao, naturally the smaller man, did not have the necessary power.

It was more of the same in the ninth, during which there were definite signs that Pacquiao was tiring and the fight was beginning to get away from him.

By the 10th, Mayweather had made all the adjustments he needed to make and continually made Pacquiao miss, like a matador with an ailing bull, while doing enough on the counter to win the round.

In the 11th, Pacquiao had gone from bull to mouse, getting snapped on the nose time and time again by Mayweather's jab as he tried to get inside.

Pacquiao's expected late rally did not transpire and the air of resignation in the arena at the final bell told you everything you needed to know - that Mayweather had won an intriguing rather than thrilling fight with plenty to spare.

Reaction from BBC Radio 5 live team

"They said this was the biggest test of his career. How he rose to the challenge. Floyd Mayweather endorses his status as an all-time great" - commentator Mike Costello

"He has broken Manny Pacquiao's heart" - pundit Steve Bunce

Listen: More reaction to the Las Vegas showdown

And while many observers who paid to watch would have been disappointed with the action, the fact that Mayweather won so handily was more proof of his unparalleled genius.

Pacquiao's pride will no doubt be salved when he next checks his bank account - it is estimated the fight will generate $400m (£265m) in total, with Mayweather and Pacquiao set to split in the region of $230m (£150m).

Afterwards Mayweather confirmed he would fight one more time in September before retiring, although the opportunity to surpass Rocky Marciano's mark of 49 fights undefeated might prove too tempting to pass up.

Amir Khan is on the list of possible opponents, as is fellow Briton and IBF welterweight champion Kell Brook.

Floyd Mayweather beats Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas _82735550_may_winbelt_ap
Mayweather and Pacquiao have won world titles in five and six different weight divisions respectively

Floyd Mayweather beats Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas _82735602_may_showboat_getty
A confident Mayweather showboated towards the end of the fight

Floyd Mayweather beats Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas _82735710_pac_dejected_ap
Mayweather's father and trainer claims that Pacquiao has never recovered from being knocked out by Juan Manuel Marquez in 2012

Floyd Mayweather beats Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas _82735712_may_winner_reuters
Mayweather taunted Pacquiao about money before the fight, with the American reportedly earning a bigger share of the purse

Source: BBC

Felizo

Felizo
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
to win a fight against mayweather you have to knock him down or else you will will loose the fight even if you beat him to the point of his death without him been knocked down...to me pacquiao is still the best for me but that was a good and descent fight by both of them...

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Personally, i had to stay up last night to watch the fight because it was a once in a lifetime fight and i couldn't afford to miss it... Frankly, the fight had everything in it and it was simply the kind of fight I expected... Some people are claiming 'Pacquiao won!'... Hmmm.. I guess those people are letting their sentimental opinions of Pacquiao cloud their better judgement. What I saw last night was an artist at work and i guess those 16,000 fans at the MGM paid to witness the dawn of a Boxing legend... And last night, they really saw a legend in the person of Floyd Mayweather.....

Some People are crying out about Pacquiao's injury.. Maybe they have a point... But Mayweather too has been fighting injured for years now and that's why he throws less punches and tags and moves much much more than he even used to.... He might hit less, but he makes each punch count... Mayweather found a way of winning against yet another dangerous opponent by using his ability to move and out smart......

Pacquiao should have known exactly what was going to happen going into a fight with Mayweather.... He couldn't win but put up a hell of a fight to prove he's one of the best... If you listened closely, you could hear Pacquiao saying to his trainer, "Im not geting him" during one of those breaks.... Bad shoulder or not, he just  couldn't find a way steal the show....  Maybe, it was because he is one dimensional while Mayweather is multidimensional... Very Happy Very Happy just kidding.. But both fighters are great..

It may sound as if I am all Mayweather... Though I have been a Mayweather fan since I first saw him fight, I actually wanted Pacquiao to win because May claims he's better than the Legendary Mohammed Ali.... We all know how boxers react in the build-up to big bout like this..... Maybe he made those comments probably because of the promotion, but Ali is, and forever will be, the Greatest Of All Times....  The reality is that Floyd Mayweather is the Greatest Of This his Generation..... #HACKGHisGREAT...

Last edited by chinesta10 on Sun May 03, 2015 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typographical error)

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
I was busy with a sever , so i only get to read this for now, am waiting for the full Video get out so i get a copy to watch, that way i can judge the the fight and comment on... but with the news coming up its seems Floyd Mayweather won the fight. any different opinion?

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
hmmm not all are in favor of May's wining.., many suspect foul play bcos most tot Paco had won..in fact Paco say he had a shoulder injury that is on his right but was not allowed to take some shots to numb the pain ... if that is so; to me he did really well..bcos u will realize he hardly threw the right arm ..

as many as saying May won the match but Paco won the people... but the fight wasnt how i expected it to be..for a moment i even tot it was Ayittey Power and Banku's fight ,...lol

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
@phAmt0m, i have got this video on the fight from youtube so you can watch below if you still haven't ...

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Yeah sure swiftbalck.. Not everyone was in favour of Mayweather... I think Mayweather was just too good for Pacquiao on the day... On another day with no injury complains, i think Pacquiao would have won...

But We should give credit to Mayweather personally because he is very disciplined and throughout the match he listened to what his father, his trainer, was telling him and varied his game as it progressed to the last round...

I think about the injury, i wont blame Pac but rather his team.... They should have done better to help him.. I think on the day, comparing both teams of respective boxers, Floyd's team were great and they gave him effective heads up at the end of each round...

Overall, i think every boxer has got some kind of injury and its the duty of the boxer's team to ensure that such a problem is dealt with effectively by providing better treatment so i don't blame Pacquiao for saying he was injured before the fight....

Going into a fight like that, tagged the fight of the century, you've got to be well prepared and i think that's where i give Mayweather's team much credit for keeping FLoyd in good condition in the build up towards the fight.. Hope Pac'c team learn something from this... That's my point of view... #HACKGH4LIFE

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum