Staff Online
Members2390
Most Online179
Newest Member
https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kwaw Kese sentenced to 1 day in prison

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kwaw Kese sentenced to 1 day in prison Empty Kwaw Kese sentenced to 1 day in prison Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:36 pm

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Kwaw Kese sentenced to 1 day in prison Kwaw_kese_check_my_shoe_lace

Controversial Ghanaian rapper, Kwaw Kese, who was being tried for narcotic offences has been sentenced to a day's imprisonment.

He will also pay a fine of GHc1,200.

A Kumasi High Court gave the ruling Thursday after months of back and forth, following the rapper's arrest by police in Kumasi on November 22, 2014, for allegedly smoking cannabis in public.

The court, presided over by Judge William Boampong sentenced "Abodam" to a day's imprisonment and the fine.

Should he default in paying the fine, "Abodam" will go to prison for three years with hard labour.

Myjoyonline.com sources say the rapper and his managers have already paid the fine and the rapper is currently serving his prison sentence.

Friday morning, Kwaw Kesse will be a free man.

Source: Myjoyonline.com

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
This clearly points to the unfairness in our justice system. There seems to be two different sets of laws in the country, one for the poor man with no links, and another for the well to do with links.

Some people have spent years in prison for less crimes. A popular person offends the state, and he just slips away with impunity. Now don't get me wrong. I actually wanted Kwaw Kese to go scot free on this ocassion. But there is some precedence being set and I don't think it is the best.

The judicial system needs some massive restructuring.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Couldn't disagree with you, how are others privileged because of their status in the society, I first of all don't agree that the smoking of marijuana shouldn't merit a jail sentence, it should have a sentence of public community labor or less. As we speak, there are inmates serving a longer jail sentence than Kwaw Kese for the same marijuana offense.

Lets take a look at the sentence itself and the process, why was he not sentence immediately like all the others, he was left to roam about for months before he was recalled to the court and sentence for just 1 day. Am not saying Kwaw should be giving a longer sentence but same sentence should be passed to similar offenses to way in equality before the law for all Ghanians.

This is Ghana for you, the privileged ones always getting away with crimes and the poor suffers because they have no status associated with their name. God help us

4Kwaw Kese sentenced to 1 day in prison Empty Re: Kwaw Kese sentenced to 1 day in prison Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:51 am

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
hmmm somtimes i wonder whom or which kind of people the law was made for... it is for the poor only or is there more to it than we can imagine... people r doing all sort of tins n r set free; we an unknown person even does not close to that he or she would find him or herself wanting.. eii GH wen shall we

5Kwaw Kese sentenced to 1 day in prison Empty Re: Kwaw Kese sentenced to 1 day in prison Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:20 pm

sultamania

Active Newbie
There's a saying that, no one is above the law but it's different in Ghana, some people stands tall above the law. Only God can judge for the poor.

6Kwaw Kese sentenced to 1 day in prison Empty Re: Kwaw Kese sentenced to 1 day in prison Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:46 pm

MherlynEmhr3z

MherlynEmhr3z
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
I'm just wondering how someone who has also being jailed for being in the same room or bar with guys who were smoking would feel when he or she hears that someone was jailed for just a day after being caught really smoking weed.
there is really no equality before the law in Ghana. this means The rich are more privileged in Ghana.

7Kwaw Kese sentenced to 1 day in prison Empty Re: Kwaw Kese sentenced to 1 day in prison Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:33 am

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Hmmm.... I think all has been said about this situation.. And i can also agree with you guys that the sentence was unfair judging from the point of view that other cases of this nature have been harshly dealt with....... But yes, for Kwaw Kese, his reputation precedes him and i think a person his caliber would hardly get a long jail sentence for such a narcotic offence...

That's Ghana for you... Even, you can realize that the sentence was given with a certain condition; that he should pay a fine of GHc1,200 and failure to pay would further lead to a three year's imprisonment with hard labour....So its clear they just wanted some money from this case that was why it took so long before the sentence was pronounced...

Its just not good for those who are not that popular and cant bail themselves out of situations like this..... I just hope that the same treatment is given to similar cases of narcotics...But i don't think that will happen..

But anyway i hope those "junkies" out there who don't have enough to take care of themselves but yet use the small money thay have on them to indulge in narcotics and smoking weed in public will learn a good lesson out of this.. That's my point....

Last edited by chinesta10 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:40 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typographical error)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum