Manager
Manager
PICTURE OF THE DAY 2: Wake Mahama up- Lordina charged 609.1920

SOURCE: Ghanaweb

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Madam Lordina a, wake your husband up and make him switch on the lights give us oh. Papa Ghana, make you cane am if i no dey wake up. Ghanians are simple tied of this " Dumsur" its the most popular term or name in Ghana today, even popular than the President himself.

Why not sure Why not sure

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Oh charley.....I shock give Mahama ooooo.. Sad Sad Sad ....Seee how he dey bed like nufn dey go on..... Shocked Shocked Shocked ..In this crises time wey people dey killl dema body to get something chop no, u dey bed.... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

C'mon madame Lordina soud am mek ei tin UP!

lol! lol! lol! HACKGH FOR LIFE....

IMOGENE333

Forum Helper
this one de3 I don't agree with this picture Mahama is not sleeping its far from that. Mahama may have his faults but he is not sleeping. He is actually working really hard. You'd have to be the most eternal pessimist to not see how hard he is working. (I'M NOT NDC)

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Really, i see, if you have bought 5 gallons of petroleum to run your generator this morning like me, you would be singing a different song. This "Dumsur" problem have been with us for 3 years, if he wasn't asleep or clueless what to do, why 3 years when you promised the very day they had the presidential debate that if he(Pres. Mahama) was elected, he will fix it in the first 3 months, its now 3 years..... Don't forget they are the same government that lead us into the "Dumsur"

I have spend more than 3000Ghc on petroleum just to run my generator during this period, Because i need to keep my servers running. It might be ok for you because you living comfortably and also been catered for in dad's house.. If not you will understand our situation and bare with us. This is not politics but pure frustration from Ghanians such as me.

Felizo

Felizo
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
all this politician are full of empty promises.. politicians cant make gh a better place all they know is (sika die basabasabasa).... mmmmmm ghana has a long way to go since this dumsor is concern... only the almighty God can help ghana to become a better place

IMOGENE333

Forum Helper
phAnt0m DrAcON wrote:Really, i see, if you have bought 5 gallons of petroleum to run your generator this morning like me, you would be singing a different song. This "Dumsur" problem have been with us for 3 years, if he wasn't asleep or clueless what to do, why 3 years when you promised the very day they had the presidential debate that if he(Pres. Mahama) was elected, he will fix it in the first 3 months, its now 3 years..... Don't forget they are the same government that lead us into the "Dumsur"

I have spend more than 3000Ghc on petroleum just to run my generator during this period, Because i need to keep my servers running. It might be ok for you because you living comfortably and also been catered for in dad's house.. If not you will understand our situation and bare with us. This is not politics but pure frustration from Ghanians such as me.

why do you just assume I live with my parents? do you know how old I am? please I'm an employed self sufficient man but I'm not rich neither am I living comfortably like you said. We are all in the same pot of soup ''we all de suffer'' you can not begin to fathom the loses I have incurred as a result of the erratic power supply.
we all know this ''Dumsor'' problem didn't start 3 years ago like you said, Its been with us for decades successive governments come and manage the problem without solving it long term. Sure he made previous unfulfilled promises but It could be he underestimated the problem he is human after all. would you rather he manages the situation like the others did only for the problem to reoccur in the near future? do not just get up an criticize without even knowing exactly what is happening or is being done to eliminate the problem. Sure we are suffering now but I'm certain we will enjoy in future.
One thing I respect about Mahama is that he knows the length of time its taking to solve the problem is making him look bad but he has stuck to his guns and is doing whats right for the nation. Lets all wait and see (cos there's nothing we can do otherwise) if he finishes and the problem still persists, then we bash him to HELL.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
I find my statement about you living your with dad was below the belt, but i was only trying to say only people in such categories who have that privileged are the once that cant feel our outrage. sorry

Moving on... Are we saying because he have a vision for the future, we should surfer for now?. Where was that vision 3 years ago. Our businesses are folding up and workers been sacked because of "Dumsur. He is not suffering like we are, always in air conditioned house,car.plane.. he can only imaging himself in our shoes.

I totally agree with artist, he should wake, Ghana is dying. , even the NDC party supporters themselves know that they have to wake him up. i guess you are really pissed about the picture but the artist was only communication to the people through art. it has nothing to do with the president actually sleeping.... hypothetically speaking

Last edited by phAnt0m DrAcON on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nino 1

Nino 1
Forum Hacker
Forum Hacker
I like most of the comments made so far. The man is really working hard and this Dumsor thing is going to be a thing of the past. Successive governments only meet the needs of the populace in the short term and ignore that of medium to long term. More is still required of him. The institutions are also performing badly which is also making this Dumsor issue to still persist. Couldn't believe to see this "DUMSOR" term on wikipedia.

IMOGENE333

Forum Helper
@ Nino 1 you're spot-on
@phAnt0m DrAcON apology accepted.
Now, have you ever heard of the saying ''It's Gonna Get Ugly Before It Gets Better...'' Its true we are distressing but all things being equal it'll get better. All  this is as a result of previous governments sweeping the dirt or problem under the carpet and if this goes on for a long enough time it will eventually spill everywhere and dirty the whole place. That's what we are enduring right now.
You dont always have to be in someones shoes to realize how they are suffering, its not Mahama's fault we are suffering the blame should fall on the past governments.Mahama is try to deal with the root of the problem lets just give him the time and support he requires. If he fails then we condemn him

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Buy importing Ship badges from an electricity company in abroad and bring them to our shores and pay them 25cent per 1unite to provide electricity to The Electricity Company of Ghana, do you know how much the E.C.G. will sell it to us.

Even if we buy it at 25cent per 1 unit direct from those Ship badges without E.C.G. , do you know how much i will pay in a month, i use around 350 units per month in the house.

Now let calculate how many dollars($) i will pay at the end of the month

25cents X 350units = 8750cents,  
100cent is equal to 1$.
8750 / 100 = 87.5$

Now lets calculate how much i will pay in cides( Ghc)
3.5Ghc = 1$
87.5 dollar X 3.5Ghc = 261Ghc

I will now pay 261Ghc even without E.C.G charges.... how much do you think E.C.G. will charge us for the service?

But all this are project in motion which haven't even been signed yet, let alone the ship have left the shore of Europe to Ghana. now how long will we hear such great promised and fail from him, haven't we suffered for 3 year is not enough pain?

Electricity bill have already reason past 100% in this 3 years on this President Mahama administration. What else haven't we heard, its the same news we heard last 2years, last year and this year.... What have change, the "Dumsur" even worse now.

Nino 1

Nino 1
Forum Hacker
Forum Hacker
Think you have got the whole idea wrong. E.C.G only distributes the power.It has no authority to determine the prices of the commodity it sells(electricity). The power badges issue is for the central government, the state will bear the cost and not E.C.G. Remember E.C.G buys the power from VALCO and GRIDCO and sells it to a half of Ghana(I think from brong ahafo to the south). Valco also does theirs in the other half of Ghana. Remember E.C.G is autonomous in its decision making but must also collaborate with P.U.R.C.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Gridco have his own price he sells the power to the E.C,G . Then E.C.G uses it poles, cables and transformers to distribute to us and collect a fee fee for that service which the will have to pay Gridco. Do you know that the E.C.G is having a dept of millions which they are supposed to pay to Gridco....

Now this is what usually happens , we have been jumping to the ideas and promises of this President for 3 years .what is different now. Nothing just the "dumsur" going from worse to bazzer..

Now let us not switch focus yet, lets talk about the man in question the President. It seems you need to have business that uses electricity to produce to understand the magnitude of this 3 years "Dumsur" issues. What has he been doing to fix it for the past 3 years and have not been successful?

iknow

iknow
Forum Helper
guys this administration is really screw up do u know people are actual dying bcos of this dumsur problem. this year 2 people i know of die from inhaling Carbon monoxide from their generator while asleep.I say somebody should take the state to court bcos if they are not going to use the money to fix the problem then the money should go the relatives of these victims.

IMOGENE333

Forum Helper
you cant put the death of those people on the president...they were just down right negligent. how can you put a generator in your bed room and not expect to die of fumes inhalation? the president is trying lets stop complain so much and support him (cos there's nothing to be done other wise)...all these demo would all amount to nought

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum