Free counters!
Staff Online
Staff Online
Members2390
Most Online179
Newest Member
https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

DO CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS WORSHIP THE SAME GOD ?

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

willspanner

willspanner
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Its a question that has been bothering the minds of many ghanaians. Each has a different view. I quite remember back at shs we used to debate on this issue but the arguments never satisfied anyone. Would like to hear the views and concerns on this topic. For educational purposes.

Felizo

Felizo
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Christians and muslims worship the same God cos i have seen almost some of the bible verses in Q'ran like the ten comandment.. This world is one nation under God.

willspanner

willspanner
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
True talk but let's analyze this analogy. When Jesus Christ came to the world He said I am the way, the truth and the light. No one goes to the father except through me. According to the Bible, God said this is my beloved son for whom i'm well pleased. According to the Quran, that's from the little knowlegde i acquire during my R.M.E studies in school, Allah chose prophet Mohammed to be his vessel to lead muslims to him. From this perspective we could say we are worshipping two different beings. That is If christains are saying the only way to their God is through Jesus and Muslims are saying the only way to their God is through the teachings of Prophet Mohammed then one could say christians and muslims are not worshipping the same God.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
There are so many ways to get to KUMASI(heaven hypothetically), The Qur'an talks about the Jesus Christ  being the only man born on this earth with no father just like the bible. it also talks about Abrahan, Noah, David, Solomon the same story line just like in the bible. Eg ,  A typical example is Moses and the ten commandment.

Yes they serve the same God but with different rules and laws, the Muslims belief that Jesus Christ is a prophet not God. since Jesus Christ who Christian think is God was asked when will the judgment day come. Jesus answered, Only my father knows. then he couldn't have been God and also showing the difference between Jesus and God.

Christians belief that Jesus is God, that the only way to get to God is to worship Jesus Christ as God and also Jesus died and carried away their sins and mentioning of his name and believing Jesus Christ is God will get you to haven.

The Muslims belief that God is one, Jesus Christ is not God, Which some Christians also belief as well. they say Prophet Mohammed is the messenger of God who brought God message to them .....

We can only discuss it but cannot judge as both the Bible and the Qur'an says only God will be the judge and thus judgement is for the God not man.

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
YES Muslims and Christians worship the same God. Their only diasgrement is how they view the prophet jesus christ. Muslims believe he was just a prophet while christians think he was more than a prophet. Apart from that muslims believe in Jesus christ while christians do not believe in Muhammed. Muslims also belive Jesus was not cruxified, Something the christians strongly disagree with because he was not crucified that means there will be no salvation as narated by the Apostle Saul. The questions i keep asking myself are

1. If jusus said he was the way,the truth and the light and as such cristians say no one goes to the father through him, what does that signify for those who came before him. Does it mean they wont go to the father? The people of Noah,Moses etc who was their way, truth and light?

2.We worship Jesus everyday when we dont have any verse where he clearly said that he is God and that we should worship him. Jesus said he came to fulfil the laws of Moses and we all know what Moses preached to his people was that they should worship God, not he Moses. We also have a few verses in the bible where Jesus was clearly seen distancing himself from the ultimate power given to by his people.
3. Jesus continuely refered to himself as a son of God in the bible, never for once said he was the only son of God. I believe that if Jesus was the son of God,then all humans starting from Adam can also call themselvs sons God and this proved right when God called other prophets such as David his Son in the bible. There is a huge debate on the trinity that most cristians fail to understand and i believe it would make more sense if we were not forcing ourselves to make Jesus the only Son of God or God.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
@Dagobert, Hmmm i couldn't have agreed with you more, its just misinterpretation of the bible to making Jesus Christ a God , If Jesus Christ was God, why was he fasting and praying to another God which clear shows he Jesus Christ is not God. If Jesus Christ was God. why would Satan tell Jesus(God) to bow down to him and he Satan will give the earth to Jesus(God) who created it and the earth already belongs to........... does it make sense!!!!. Before 2000 years ago , we knew god was one but today they are three. During the time of Moses, Abraham, Noah, Samson, God was known as one and he even told Moses that "I am that i am(singular God)" not we are what we are ( this will include Jesus and the holy spirit)

Now Muslim have a certain law or guide in their Qur'an, God say "If you die protecting(defending) the name of Islam, i God will grant you heaven without judgement" That have radicalize some Muslims committing many atrocities all in the name of defending Islam. The most intriguing thing is Islam mean peace. What is peaceful about cutting people head and bombing people relate to Islam(peace) .

hmmmmmmmmm, very interesting indeed....yes there are some dented issues that divides the two religions but certainly they are all taking of the same God with different perspective.

Last edited by phAnt0m DrAcON on Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total

willspanner

willspanner
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
I did be pleased if could give a verse in the bible that classifies Jesus Christ as God. Analyse this carefully. I am the ONLY way. If he is then it means we aren't worshipping the same God. If you are to consider that its the means that differ then idol worshippers, hinduism, etc also worship the same God with us. If thats the case then the same God says this here and a different thing there. Hope you do get my point.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
I do get your point , but again you seem to misunderstood Jesus Christ " "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6"  He simply is telling you to follow his foot steps( teachings ) and do what he does in other to get to God. Not just belief in Jesus Christ as the son of God and the heaven gates get opened for you. this show that Jesus Christ is not the father(God)  he is only using himself as an example for man to follow and get to God.

Same applies to prophet Mohammed which Muslims beliefs that he brought the teaching of God which they need follow in other to get to God.

Last edited by phAnt0m DrAcON on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total

willspanner

willspanner
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
So are the idol worshippers, budhist,judaism,etc all worshipping the same God ? It still baffles my mind.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Hmmmmmmm, it depends if the religion in question is having a history of their religion involving people like Adam, Abraham, Moses, Noah, Jesus. all this characters appears in the bible and the Qur'an which suggest the same God.

Nino 1

Nino 1
Forum Hacker
Forum Hacker
The Bible says in Genesis that God said let us create man in our own image. What do you understand by this? Meaning there are others apart from God who help in creating man. We have GOD the father,GOD the son and The Holy Spirit. This should tell you that Jesus Christ is automatically GOD but in terms of ranking I will say He is the younger brother or son of God. Therefore if He is the way, the truth and life and no one can go to the father except through Him then it must be understood. Don't know much about the Islamic religion but I believe since they only rely on the teaching of Prophet Mohammed then they also worship GOD. According to Prophet Mohammed God created heaven and earth so whats the big deal here. Christians and Muslims worship the same God but based on different ideologies

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Because the bible says let us create man, you assume that it was Jesus Christ an holy spirit( is holy spirit a man ?). Were there no angels at the time, we also assume angels have wings like bird,,....interesting...... The Bible and Qur'an never mentioned the following:

Perhaps you need to informed what a star is, a star is basically a sun shinning from a distance. the sun is not one, there are billion on suns, now from earth we can see them as very little because of the distance, and they all have plant revolving around them.... Food for thought.

Trust me that if the people who wrote the bible got the technology we have today, they would have told you the sun is not one, and the earth is not the only thing revolving around the sun. there are other planet even bigger than this earth all revolving around the sun you see. They would have told you that there is a planet(Jupiter) that have 64 moons around it compared to earth which only have one moon. Jupiter along with 7 other planets are turning around the sun, funny the bible only mention 1 planet(earth).

Because the Bible and the Qur'an confined us to believe in certain things, You will never belief this truth let alone research to see that all i have said is very factual. These books were written by men not God, we should always remember that..

Star, sun, earth and  moon is the only thing both books mentioned that God created, but thats not the case today. It does not matter what religion you belong to, After death i guess we are all going to find out if there is a God for Muslims or Christian

IMOGENE333

Forum Helper
Do Christians and Muslims worship the same God? A better question is, “Do Christians and Muslims both have a correct understanding of who God is?” To this question, the answer is definitely no. Because of crucial differences between the Christian and Muslim concepts of God, the two faiths cannot both be true. The biblical God alone addresses and solves the problem of sin by giving His Son.

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son” (John 3:16-18).
The Muslim and Christian views of God have some similarities. Christians believe in one eternal God Who created the universe, and Muslims apply these attributes to Allah. Both view God as all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-present.

A vital difference between the Islamic and Christian views of God is the biblical concept of the Trinity. In the Bible, God has revealed Himself as one God in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. While each Person of the Trinity is fully God, God is not three gods but three in one.

God’s Son came in the form of man, a truth called the incarnation (Luke 1:30-35; John 1:14; Colossians 2:9; 1 John 4:1-3). The Lord Jesus Christ conquered the penalty and power of sin by dying on the cross (Romans 6:23). After rising from the dead, Jesus went back to heaven to be with His Father and sent the Holy Spirit to believers (Acts 1:8-11). One day, Christ will return to judge and rule (Acts 10:42, 43). Those who have trusted in the Lord Jesus will live with Him, but those who refuse to follow Him must be separated in hell from the holy God.

“The Father loves the Son and has given all things into his hand. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him” (John 3:35-36). Either Jesus bears the wrath of God for your sin on the cross or you bear the wrath of God for your sin in hell (1 Peter 2:24).

The Trinity is essential to the Christian faith. Without the Trinity, there would be no incarnation of God’s Son in the Person of Jesus Christ. Without Jesus Christ, there would be no salvation from sin. Without salvation, sin would condemn all to an eternal he

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/same-God.html#ixzz3UltjGFvo

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
I'm amazed at the discourse we have had so far on this topic. It is better we ask the deities involved for them to answer for themselves. the need therefore to consult the various Holy books for answers.

Muslims outright deny the Sonship of Jesus Christ.  The Koran clearly states that God has NO Son.

They say: "(Allah) Most Gracious has begotten a son!" Indeed ye have put forth a thing most monstrous! As if the skies are ready to burst, the earth to split asunder, and the mountains to fall down in utter ruin. That they should invoke a son for (Allah) Most Gracious. For it is not consonant with the majesty of (Allah) Most Gracious that He should beget a son. Quran 19.88..93 ( Surat Maryam , verses 88 .. 93)

They say, "Allah hath begotten a son!" Glory be to Him! He is Self-Sufficient! His are all things in the heavens and on earth! No warrant have ye for this! Say ye about Allah what ye know not? Quran 10.68 ( Surat Yunus , verse 68)

Further, that He may warn those (also) who say, "Allah hath begotten a son":[5] No knowledge have they of such a thing, nor had their fathers. It is a grievous thing that issues from their mouths as a saying: What they say is nothing but falsehood! Quran 18.4,5 ( Surat Al-Kahf , verses 4,5)

To Him is due the primal origin of the heavens and the earth: how can He have a son when He hath no consort? He created all things, and He hath full knowledge of all things. Quran 6.101 ( Surat  Al-Anam , Verse 101)

It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be," and it is. Quran 19.35( Surat Maryam , verse 35)

In sharp contrast, John 3:16 in the Word of God (Bible) declares that God DOES have a Son, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."   The Koran even goes as far as to claim that Jesus never died, nor was He crucified.

Clearly, Islam and Christianity are DIAMETRICALLY opposed. The MOSLEM GOD has no son. The CHRISTIAN GOD HAS A SON. Hence we cannot refer to these two deities as one.

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Its like a town called Techiman. At first footpaths were created which led them to kumasi. After every generation a footpath was created. Then came a time when a much anticipated tarred road was build leading them to Kumasi. Everyone was happy and had no doubt that the road was the best and only way leading to kumasi. Then after some time, the people in Sunyani a neighboring town alleged that, a new and better road was build from sunyani to kumasi which was even the major road. They then said the previous road should be ditched for the new one with facts that did not convince the people of Techiman. This led to a mass disagreement and some chose the one from Techiman to Kumasi while otthers chose the one from Sunyani to kumasi.
What we should be looking at here is that both roads ultimately leads you to kumasi irrespective of the one you choose.

WhIPL4$h wrote:

Clearly, Islam and Christianity are DIAMETRICALLY opposed. The MOSLEM GOD has no son. The CHRISTIAN GOD HAS A SON. Hence we cannot refer to these two deities as one.

The disagreement is between who they choose to lead them towards God and how they view some events that happened during the time of Christ. But both ultimately worship the same God.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum