Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1Solved Am Dead need help to get rid of CWM. Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:08 pm

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
First topic message reminder :

I was trying to install a custom rom on my phone yesterday. I made a backup of my system using the phones recovery mode. After that i tried installing the rom, but i was told that i can only install the rom with clock work Mode (CWM) installed on my device. So i installed the CWM and went ahead to install the rom. As it turned out the rom was not compartible with my phone so the phone started bool looping (freezing at manufacture logo). Sensing danger i went back to restore my old operating system using the backup i made earleir only to realize that i couldnt install it. That was because i made the made the backup using the recovery mode of the stock rom and as such CWM could use that backup. Now am stuck with a soft bricked phone.
I have a few choices.
1. Get CWM out of the phone and use the recovery mode of the stock rom to restore my system.
2. Install a compartible custom rom on my phone and take off from there.

Can anyone help me out with a way that i can get back to the recovery mode of my stock rom or better still how to remove clock work mode from the phone.

Or alternatively a custom rom that will work with my phone. Am using a mediatek device and after searching for some time i have realised that there are very few roms out there that actually work with mediatek devices. If anyone can suggest one for me, i would be very grateful.

PHONE:
Mediatek 6572
Viwa max running on android 4.2.2

26Solved Re: Am Dead need help to get rid of CWM. Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:40 am

cyreanne

@kbasante & @Dagobert do still have your viwa max phone? would u be kind enough to back up its whole system including scatter using droid tools? i really need.. thankz

27Solved Re: Am Dead need help to get rid of CWM. Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:21 am

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
cyreanne wrote:@kbasante & @Dagobert do still have your viwa max phone? would u be kind enough to back up its whole system including scatter using droid tools? i really need.. thankz

What's the status of the phone. What happened when you tried installing it on the phone.

28Solved Re: Am Dead need help to get rid of CWM. Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:53 pm

kbasante

kbasante
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
ya i still have my viwa i4 and if you want to back it up use titanium back up

29Solved phone still dead.. Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:03 pm

cyreanne

cyreanne
Dagobert wrote:
cyreanne wrote:@kbasante & @Dagobert do still have your viwa max phone? would u be kind enough to back up its whole system including scatter using droid tools? i really need.. thankz

What's the status of the phone. What happened when you tried installing it on the phone.

my phone still dead, but still detected on pc as mtk preloader, meaning i can only flash it with sp flash tool, i cant use the back up rom/stock rom u gave me sir, because i dont know how to extract it, it was backuped using android stock recovery, and i cant enter recovery. i need the scatter of this model, and an extracted phone images like logo.bin,recovery.bin, and soon.. if you can provide me those files, ill be very thankful..

found this tool, for backing up the stock firmware of the device including scatter..
https://androidmtk.com/download-mtk-droid-tool
thankz..

30Solved Re: Am Dead need help to get rid of CWM. Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:47 pm

cyreanne

cyreanne
Dagobert wrote:

@Dagobert sir, pls if u still have your viwa max phone, can you dump its firmware using the sp flash tool.. plsssss thats my only way of recovering my phone.. can you dump it using readback function of spft?
ref: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2540400

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum