You are not connected. Please login or register

NPP deliberately preaching tribalism ahead of 2016 - Omane Boamah

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
NPP deliberately preaching tribalism ahead of 2016 - Omane Boamah 34269300.295

Communications Minister Dr Edward Omane Boamah has accused the main opposition New Patriotic Party (NPP) of deliberately “whipping up ethnocentric and tribalistic sentiments” ahead of the 2016 elections.

In his view, the party is resorting to such measures because it has no credible message of achievements going into the elections.

The comments come on the back of a recently leaked audio recording in which a voice resembling that of former finance minister Yaw Osafo Marfo was heard grumbling that even though about 90 percent of Ghana’s natural resources are concentrated in mainly Akan-speaking regions of the country, it is people who come from regions without resources that are governing the country.

The tape was apparently captured at a meeting between the former Finance Minister and the NPP’s Council of Elders in the Eastern region.

Speaking on Radio Gold’s Alhaji and Alhaji Saturday, the acting Presidential spokesperson said it is strange that the leading opposition figure chose to discuss tribalism instead of problems confronting the country.

“They know very well ‘dumsor’ (Erratic power supply) will be a thing of the past by the time we approach election 2016 and so they have to look at whipping up ethnocentric tribalistic sentiments.

“Otherwise, you have ‘dumsor’ based on which you (NPP) are going to organise a demonstration so why won’t your party leaders discuss that instead, they are very clear in their minds that the measures we are taking to resolve the ‘dumsor’ will work”.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
I have listing to the tape, is the most stupid, insulting, dangerous and disgraceful act on the part of NPP, the fact that they were also laughing about it . When Yaw Osafo Marfo was the finance minister in former President kufour administration.

Was he the minister for only Ashanti region only or what? stupid man
Did he not take taxes from the other 9 regions? Stupid man
He has to apologies to the people of Ghana.... Stupid man

There will never be any flag bearer of the NPP who will come from another tribe apart from Ashanti. they Made Bawumia (A Northerner ) fight in court for their honor and today look at such a stupid statement. This means Bawumia can never be a flag bearer of the NPP.

On behalf of all Ashantis in this forum, we distance ourselves from this dangerous and stupid act on the part of Yaw Osafo Marfo and the NPP. Am really ashamed to be an Ashanti.

This are the very kind of speeches that have destroyed Nation and created tribal wars, a typical example is Rwanda and Congo. when we  condemn such an act you will see other stupid people with party color defending such stupid statement that can bring chaos in Ghana.

Its not enough politician are stealing our monies, they also have to divide and destroy Ghana as well. This NPP and NDC will destroy this Nation one day. Am really Sad and Afraid for Ghana. Enkwasiasem Akwa.

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
I haven't had the privilege of listening to the tape, I listened to the comments being made concerning the tape on Alhaji and Alhaji and I could feel how serious each of the panelists was at addressing his comments. NPP would be shooting themselves in the leg if they don't handle this issue with critical care. Racism and tribalism is probably the most sensitive issues after religion and I have lost respect for Osafo Maafo if he indeed made those statements.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
The tone of his voice, the manner he made that stupid and unfortunate statement and the people he made the statement to are some members of the council of elders of the NPP. and in the background you hear cheers of some sort. One of them recorded it because he did not agree with him and now its out in the public........

Am very very peeved because i have so many friends in other tribes. I don't know the tribe of 99% of the members here and i don't care about their tribe anyways. Now consider statement: "Northerners are wiser than any other tribe" How would you feel if you are not a northerner?

The economy is bad, there is no energy(electricity), no jobs, high prices of food and petroleum product, student paying electricity bails for their school, sick people are also charge electricity bails in hospitals like the kwalebu and Komfo Anokye Hospitals . The NDC is running the country into shambles and look at what the opposition is doing as well.

Yaw Asafo Maafo and so what?  Is he God?  Does he sh*t gold? Wont he die? Even the intelligent billionaire Steve Jobs who invented Apple is dead and gone , let alone some Yaw Asafo Maafo in Ghana. NONSENSE Evil or Very Mad

This same man Yaw Asafo Maafo contested former President J.A. Kufour and Nana Akufo Addo to become the flag bearer of the NPP. Can we have such a man as president of Ghana? A man who thinks only one tribe in Ghana should rule Ghana. This is very unfortunate for Ghana.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum