https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

Make the File Explorer Default to My Computer In Windows 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Do you remember the days when the Windows File Explorer would open directly to the My Computer screen? From there you could access any drive on your system with a click. If you miss those days, as I do, you can reconfigure the default screen in File Explorer in Windows 8.

If you like the sound of the My Computer screen, you can use that, but you aren't limited to that one option. You can use any folder on your hard drive as your starting point. It's up to you.

Right-click the File Explorer icon on your desktop taskbar. Right-click "File Explorer" from the context menu and then click "Properties."

Enter a new value in the "Target" field of the Shortcut tab to change the default page for the File Explorer. If you want to use the My Computer page, enter the following data:

%windir%\explorer.exe ::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}

If you'd rather use another folder, simply copy the complete path to the folder from the location bar in File Explorer and paste it in the Target field. Click "OK" to finalize your settings and click the File Explorer icon to test your new default page.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum