https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

Remotely disable Apple Pay on a lost or stolen iPhone

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

willspanner

willspanner
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Even though a thief isn't likely to have your fingerprint, it's still a good idea to disable Apple Pay when you lose an iPhone. Apple Pay has been touted as one of the most secure payment methods we've ever seen. Between its tokenization model and the requirement for your fingerprint before a payment can be processed, it's easy to see why.

Even still, losing an iPhone that acts as your wallet can be a bit unnerving. Granted, it's unlikely any would be thief would have access to a perfect copy of your fingerprint, Apple has included a method to disable Apple Pay on a lost device using its Find My iPhone service.

Should you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of having a lost or stolen iPhone, here's what you can do to disable Apple Pay.

Log in to your iCloud account on iCloud.com (or using another iOS device with the Find My iPhone app installed).
Select Find My iPhone from the list of options.
Find and select the device you've lost to begin tracking it.
Activate Lost Mode on your device, being sure to enter a phone number and lock-screen message to aid in the return of your device.

As soon as Lost Mode is enabled on an iOS device, any Apple Pay information is immediately disabled until you've reclaimed your device. Unlocking the device with your pin code will reactivate your payment info.

Not only does Find My iPhone offer a way to disable Apple Pay, but of course, it offers a method to actually track and find your lost or stolen device. The extra peace of mind of having your payment info disabled while you track your phone is undoubtedly an appreciated feature.

wasty

Contributor
so will u knw where de device is when is lost.Eg like if de person who stoled it is at community 5 and u stay at sprintex wil u knw de person who stoled it is at community 5 with de help of this

willspanner

willspanner
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
yeah. The map of Ghana with its various districts have been digitized. It would pinpoint the location of the phone.

wasty

Contributor
okay then is like andriod tracker

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum