Staff Online
Members2390
Most Online179
Newest Member
https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

Samsung Galaxy Alpha preview: First look

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Samsung Galaxy Alpha preview: First look Empty Samsung Galaxy Alpha preview: First look Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:51 am

mcblay

mcblay
Active Newbie
Introduction

The Samsung Galaxy Alpha is a surprising change in the Samsung product strategy. It certainly has many of the Galaxy S5 key selling features, while staking on more premium material such as aluminum. But it's not another flagship, no, it's rather an offshoot of the Galaxy family tree - something that the Galaxy S5 mini could have been but is not. A strange bird, indeed.
Samsung Galaxy Alpha preview: First look Samsun12
That certainly doesn't mean we don't like it. Just on the contrary. The Samsung Galaxy Alpha presents a nice departure from the Galaxy S5 design language. The sides are machined out of aluminum, while the back no longer imitates faux leather.
The Galaxy Alpha has a smaller screen than the S5 to make it much more pocketable and also, undoubtedly, to allow it to compete with the iPhone 6 directly.
Here's what makes the Samsung Galaxy Alpha tick.

Samsung Galaxy Alpha at a glance:

• General: GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSPA/LTE connectivity;
  • Form factor: Touchscreen bar phone with aluminum sides and a plastic back cover;
  • Dimensions: 132.4 x 65.5 x 6.7 mm, 115 g;
  • Display: 4.7" 720p SuperAMOLED touchscreen, 312ppi pixel density;
  • Chipset: Octa-core Exynos 5 Octa 5430 chipset, including a quad-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7, Mali-T628 MP6 GPU
  • Memory: 32GB storage, no microSD card slot;
  • Camera: 12MP auto-focus camera, 31mm focal length, f/2.2; LED flash;
  • Video camera: 2160p video recording, but also 1080p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps;
  • Front camera: 2.1MP front-facing camera;
  • Connectivity: Dual-channel, dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi hotspot, DLNA, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, standard microUSB 2.0 port, GPS/GLONASS receiver, 3.5mm audio jack;
  • Battery: 1,860mAh Li-Ion removable battery;
  • Misc: Fingerprint sensor; heart rate sensor;

The Samsung Galaxy Alpha is surprisingly light, it feels sturdy and the back looks like it could take a lot of beating before it gets seriously scratched. The latter benefit is certainly something we've missed in high-end smartphones that we've seen lately.
Courtesy gsmarena

Proxymity

Proxymity
Forum Hacker
Forum Hacker
Woah!!!!! Really nice specs I must say. But no microSD slot????.... Pretty bold move.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Well said, it highly unlikely to see any phone today without micro sd card slot. i guess its a very bold move to make... but having an an internal memory of 32gig is awesome, we hardly use all the memory anyway

shata1

shata1
Contributor
LOLX

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
shata1 wrote:LOLX

I WONT GIVE YOU NOTICE AGAIN, I WILL START TO DELETED ALL YOU REPLIES AND IF THIS CONTINUES.. YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED

MY COMMENT IS ABOUT THE TOPIC, WHATS YOUR COMMENT ABOUT? , I SUGGEST YOU WRITE REVIEWS THAT'S RELATED TO THE POST, JUST LEAVE THE TOPIC ALONE FOR THOSE THAT WILL

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum