https://hackgh.forumotion.com/u2487

You are not connected. Please login or register

An open letter to the minister of education

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Dear Prof. Naana Jane Opoku-Agyemang,I humbly want to draw yoiur attention to some pettinent issues confronting our Educational system,please spare me 20 mins o fyour bsy schedule and read though nyletter.

I really admired you whwn you were the Vice Cgancellor for the University of Cape Coast,for your boldness and nice policies which kept Capevarers on its toes.My admiration for your hard work increased when you co moderated the 2012 IUEA debate with Kojo Oppong Nkrumah.

I read last month on ghanabusinessnews.com/15/05/2015,qyoting you as saying the “Educational ystem in Ghana still remains robust”!yes,but Prof some issues escape which are issues the Ghanaian Parent or Guardian paying School fees needs someone to always explain thingds to.

Prof. currently Parents are paying exorbitant fees for extra classes,weekend classes and currently I learnyt BECE Candidates in some Districts are to pay Center fees for the centers of their examination!I learnt extra classes fees in various SHS is no more but there are schools currently billing students to pay 40.00 for extra classes,I humbly plead with you to set up task force to oversee every policy bring on.

For the sake of your busy schedule,I will keep my letter very short.Examination malpractices is still showing its ugly head in our examinations again of late,I know you scratch yout hair a bit because I believe you atre making efforts but your best and efforts aren’t enough to bring this canker down.Examination malpractices starts from the Basic to the Tertiary.
Prof.i hope you know about the dealings of WAEC even if is not too much,WAEC is an examination here in Ghana,its students no good,may be it is because of their monopy over the examinations in the country.Whwn did WAEC to dtudenytds eho sit for NOV/DEC to pay money before their results certificates are presented to them?Cndidates atre made to pay 80.00 before theiur results slip is being processed and that will even be on August!meaning if you need the results slip urgently it wont be ready but they will take your money.WAEC isn’t treating students and private candidates fairly.

Last but not the least,Prof,if the forms for tertiary schools are released and the institutions think they need 200 students for their schools,then they shoildnt sell out more than 300 forms,its acheat and a way these institutions take to milk money from poor and desperate students.Tertiary students who are being made to pay ffor utiliyu bill sis very abusrd but for your time,I will write to you again on that.

Prof.i humbly plead on you to please take a second look at this letter and take immediate actions tpo address the various issues I raised in this letter.
Thank you.

The writer is a Freelance Journalist and can be contacted on emmanuelagyenfra@yahoo.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum