You are not connected. Please login or register

AIRTEL WITH Internet.org App Available in Ghana

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Following the launch of the Internet.org app in Zambia and Kenya,
Facebook is expanding its partnership with Airtel to bring the app to Ghana.
As part of the Internet.org app, Airtel customers in Ghana will now have
access to a set of websites and services for free, in
categories including maternal health, education, news and sports updates, and local information.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The full list of free services includes:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Get updated weather information
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Learn about pregnancy and children
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Read news from around the world
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Get information about Ebola from UNICEF
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Communicate with friends and family
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Find health and hygiene information from UNICEF
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Read books & stories
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Get news and information about Ghana
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Read articles and tips for girls
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Search for jobs
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Send messages to friends and family
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Ghana news
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Find scholarships abroad
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Get sports updates
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Buy and sell products
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Read books & stories
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Find information

Ghana is the fifth country we’ve connected with Internet.org, after Zambia, Tanzania, Kenya and Colombia. More people can now use the internet for free to find jobs, read books, and stay connected and we hope to bring the Internet.org app to more countries soon.

Felizo

Felizo
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
wow, now airtel want top gh among all the networks.. Everything is coming... cheap call plans, data etc.

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Truly the news every airtel costumers should be proud of, its still January and it seems there is going to be a battle of the networks this year(2015). Am very keen to know what the other networks have to offer.....

FREE ACCESS TO SOME SITE EVEN IF YOU DON'T HAVE DATA ON YOUR SIM CARD, THIS IS A GOOD INITIATIVE.

* note this is only for phone users to download an app( Internet.org App) before access those free sites thought it, you can visit them directly on your phone or pc. its still not enough compared to other networks offers.

swiftblack

swiftblack
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
i tried airtel with 0.facebook .com and it was working.... i guess the people to tank to will be the internet.org guys... but this is really g8 thou

chinesta10

chinesta10
Manager
Manager
Wow......Airtel is doing great with these great offers...This is surely going to spark great competition between these network providers and i cant wait to see how this is going to span out ....Really great share man......Keep it up.....HACKGH FOR LIFE............

Dagobert

Dagobert
Support Moderator
Support Moderator
Truly speaking, the network I think could spark this battle really well Is MTN. I have been very keen see any improvement in their offers but haven't seen any. As the Giant network in the country, I believe that any improvement they made would have had the others scrambling to prevent falling far behind. With what Airtel has started I don't think it will be long before they come out of their shell. Fantastic initiative from Airtel.

BePPsTar

BePPsTar
Active Newbie
Well this is the year these mobile networks must show us what they've got up their sleeves.
Its a nice move by Airtel

baron12

It working zero balance and I still browse free on facebook

PhAnt0m

PhAnt0m
Administrator
Administrator
Guys let be very truthful , its a step in the right direction but we Ghanians deserves better..... since we need other things like movies, series, games, YouTube and other site we love, they should just give us a better data plan and let us be,

WhIPL4$h

WhIPL4$h
Manager
Manager
Subscribers who already have Facebook and Facebook Messenger installed automatically get to enjoy free data even without having the Internet.org app installed. Really great start indeed for the year. But I'm expecting more.

nyaw2015

Active Newbie
You can even use opera mini to browse these free sites

branzy

Active Newbie
in other to download the app thus internet.org, make sure u are on Ghana ip if not when you log into your play-store or iTunes or whatever store or market, you wont be able to download it

IMOGENE333

Forum Helper
Apart from wikipedia and facebook how many of these sites do people actually visit?

wflexible

wflexible
Active Newbie
i got a little details about this app from the net but after reading this well published information about the app am well okay.thanks tho

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum